Forum Index > Trip Reports > Twin Peaks Wildflower Loop (Wenatchee)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostTue May 05, 2015 8:16 am 
Location : Wenatchee, Wa. Access : Western Ave > #2 Canyon Rd. to the end (I park on the pavement) Maps : TOPO, GTM - Wenatchee / Mission Ridge Stats : 7.5 mi., 2200' r/t
Twin Peaks Wildflower Loop
My son was just recently up Twin Peaks and said the wildflowers were really good so I decided to make a quick trip up and check it out for myself. When it's good it is really good and right now the drive up Number 2 Canyon Rd. is pretty spectacular and worth the time itself. I parked as usual at the end of the pavement on the South shoulder of the road. The skies were sunny maybe low 60's, with a light wind, but it was hot. If the sun is out with the low humidity it is hot this time of year. I headed up the road past the actual TH, the road is gated beyond then continued up the road until I came to a ridge and headed up. Once upon a time there were no trails on the ridges coming down from Twin Peaks, I know because we walked the ridges and it seemed untouched and a little remote from the road activity, but now there are quite a few and it's rutted, rocky, and loose. That is the price the land quality pays for managed recreation, but again I don't own the land and I don't regulate it. It is however sad to see plans for grading roads and moving them deeper into the Twin Peaks area and turning the meadow into a parking lot. I will say I have and continue to enjoy the area and I like that I can get away quick and see no one for an entire trip. The wildflowers were fantastic as I made my way to both peaks then headed down after finding my Pro Bar had expired last year and became a dried terd. I took a little higher ridge back to the East then dropped down through a section heading South which is usually filled with Indian Paintbrush and there were some, but they haven't peaked yet eventually closing the loop and retracing the road to the car. Very nice.
Selfie on the move !
Selfie on the move !
Twin Peaks Southwest Peak.
Twin Peaks Southwest Peak.
Three Bro. - Falls Creek Pass - Navaho
Three Bro. - Falls Creek Pass - Navaho
Indian Paintbrush just coming out on the lower trail.
Indian Paintbrush just coming out on the lower trail.
Cascadia Time
Cascadia Time

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSat May 09, 2015 8:10 pm 
flowers.gif As I said last week the wildflowers were so awesome on Twin Peaks that I might have to take my wife hiking up there for all the "OMG's" that I knew she would be spewing in amazement at the show and so it was today. We followed the same loop and she did a heck of a job hiking. This is her longest hike in over ten years. Good job Nettie !
Grinder !
Grinder !
Jeanette on Twin Peaks East summit.
Jeanette on Twin Peaks East summit.
From Twin Peaks West summit
From Twin Peaks West summit

Living in the Anthropocene
Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostSat May 09, 2015 10:11 pm 
So pretty! up.gif

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSun May 10, 2015 8:25 am 
Still looking good for the flowers. We are so lucky to have that hike so close by. up.gif up.gif