Forum Index > Partners > Three Fingers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bill@monroe

Bill@monroe
PostTue May 19, 2015 1:39 pm 
Just registered after many years absence because I'm looking for a partner for Three Fingers this summer. I've been there a couple of times before the washout. Last fall I biked to the trailhead. My plan is to bike in and camp one night, at the trailhead, Goat Flats or somewhere in between and hike up, back and ride out next day. I'm not rigidly committed to this plan but I'm going there one way or another this summer, preferably not solo. I have plans for mid June and Mid August, work Mon.-Thurs. Will take time off for anything interesting. I'm a relatively fast hiker and relish elevation gain I'll do some backpacking but I'm not so well equipped or experienced. Always looking for a new scramble but I'm a little timid solo on unfamiliar terrain. Mt. Si, Mailbox Pk. are my fallback hikes just to maintain conditioning. Mt. Pugh and Mt. Baring are familiar but a good chalenge. Camp Muir is always fun, but I'd rather do a summit. Anybody want to go on a hike? Bill....

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostWed May 20, 2015 10:17 pm 
Yo Bill, Three Fingers is always on my list, be it for work or purely pleasure. I'm sure we could find a few others to join in the reindeer games. I know JimK hasn't been up there for years. I probably don't move at your speed though; I'm thinking of changing my name to Molasses.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu May 21, 2015 9:36 am 
Bill, I get you'll find a partner! It'd be a fun trip for sure. If I'm in any shape other than round in August, I'm interested. I haven't been up there since the road washed out this last time around; it'd be nice to see it without hoardes at Goat Flats! Heads up - the Mountaineers and the USFS are doing a big repair project on the lookout this summer, and I'm not sure it will be available to the public during that time (I don't know that to be the case, just guessing). Maybe give the Darrington office a call and ask about the timeline (the project has just been posted for public comment, so it's not a done deal yet)

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Dlab

Dlab
PostFri May 22, 2015 4:25 pm 
I'm up for it, and also live in the sky valley, send me a pm.

Studebaker Hoch

Studebaker Hoch
PostSat May 23, 2015 12:17 am 
lol they censored me

tinytowers

tinytowers
PostTue May 26, 2015 8:52 am 
Bill, I'm over in Spokane and have been wanting to do Three Fingers for quite some time, but have never been able to find a partner. I'm 33 and am a fairly quick hiker. Send me an IM with you contact, and I'll be sure to reply.

hikerman77

hikerman77
PostTue Jun 16, 2015 8:39 pm 
I am interested in Three Fingers this summer. I just scouted the Meadow Mt trail and it looks in good shape. Pm me if interested.

BeardHiker

BeardHiker
PostThu Jul 30, 2015 5:31 pm 
I want to do three fingers in Sept. I would definitely go !