Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mt. Adams 5/30-31
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
christensent

christensent
PostSun May 31, 2015 8:29 pm 
Fun weekend up the South Spur highway... I was hoping to climb the middle of the Mazama Headwall but the shrund looked a bit much for my un-roped objective hazard interests so I just went up the less steep side of the headwall towards the climbing route. I had severe hiccups from the summit all the way to camp, then from camp all the way to the car. And still as I write this trip report... Never had a day in the mountains leave me in such a uniquely unpleasant state. I left camp at 3am to get good climbing conditions and the rest of my group went up around 7am. Upon returning I spent two hours looking for camp, then spent another hour with the rest of my group after they got back. The hardest part of the South Spur is finding your camp if you're not careful! As usual, hundred(s) of climbers on route, out of control glissades to watch, and fun for everyone. Snow was hard in the morning and turned to mush in the afternoons.

Learning mountaineering: 10% technical knowledge, 90% learning how to eat
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun May 31, 2015 8:48 pm 
i enjoyed my mt. adams climb several years ago! up.gif my friends that climbed with me then were also climbing this weekend, so you may have bumped into them! they were to camp at the lunch counter, take turns heading to the summit since they brought their daughter, son in law, and 9 month granddaughter along! loved that long long long glissade...the best!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message