Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > South Whidbey Campground Closed
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Billoutwest

Billoutwest
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 2:20 pm 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
.......... in the wider scheme of things this is but a drop in the bucket compared to the real culprit for campsite scarcity: overpopulation.
Which is a fault each one of us bear by our very existence. Our homes, highways and waterway alterations inflicting on the planet more stress. But I digress.

retired USFS
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Billoutwest

Billoutwest
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 2:26 pm 
Ski wrote:
Cut the goddam trees down. Reopen the campgrounds. Doug firs in Western Washington are 20 feet tall in ten years. Or put in spruce or something else (resistant to laminated root rot and the other nasties.) Simple.
Quote:
Let the Big Leaf Maples fill in. There'll be shade in 10 years.
Go with a diverse stand. Few diseases or bugs inflict on each tree species. Maples and other hardwoods don't burn like many conifers so if they are intermixed they can stop stand replacement fires from occurring.

retired USFS
Ski
><((((ー>

Ski
><((((ー>
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 2:44 pm 
I wouldn't care if they replanted with White Birch or Black Locust. My point is: keep the campgrounds open! It's just silly to think that it's okay to close campgrounds for the sake of trees which at some point will die. I notice that while Nac doesn't hesitate to offer forth more of his completely disconnected from reality blather, he refuses (yet again) to address the questions asked in another thread. So Nac, tell us: where do all the overnight campers go? Shall they just stay home? Or maybe they should all stay at KOA campgrounds? What utter nonsense. Are you serious? Or do you just post such drivel for comic relief? * July Creek Campground at ONP was twenty nine overnight camping sites. There are now zero overnight campsites at that location. Because, as we all know: trees only fall at night. lol.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 4:55 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
I guess trees only fall at night. biggrin.gif
Folks sleeping at night are more like dead ducks than day users who have a chance to move if they see it coming. With my luck I壇 move out of the way of one and into another. But I will say; I知 more afraid of the haunted outhouse at Mineral Springs than that tree at site #12 falling on me.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 5:07 pm 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
It takes many hundreds of years for the trees in question to reach their current size.
And a in a blink of an eye--SMOOSH! eek.gif But only at night. rolleyes.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 6:09 pm 
It's people like Trollswarper and Ski who are responsible for the state's ugliest campgrounds. shakehead.gif

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
treeswarper wrote:
I guess trees only fall at night. biggrin.gif
Folks sleeping at night are more like dead ducks than day users who have a chance to move if they see it coming. With my luck I壇 move out of the way of one and into another. But I will say; I知 more afraid of the haunted outhouse at Mineral Springs than that tree at site #12 falling on me.
Speaking from experience, those users had better be caffeined up, not sitting down or relaxing (no alcohol), and have good ears and side vision. I think my leg may be healed up now. Nope, didn't get hit by the tree, I just ripped the heck out of leg muscles sprinting in our pumice soil so as not to get hit by a tree. The tree hit right where I had been.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 8:05 pm 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
It's people like Trollswarper and Ski who are responsible for the state's ugliest campgrounds. shakehead.gif
Name those campgrounds!

Ski
><((((ー>

Ski
><((((ー>
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 10:42 pm 
he doesn't answer questions, remember? yeah.. name those campgrounds for us that WE are responsible for. haha! notice you still haven't answered any of the questions in the DNR thread. cat got your tongue? or is it just that you have nothing to back up your absurd statements? haha! as Drinky would say: what a clueless jackass.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 6:41 am 
I really don't recall being in the campground planning process. We had to plan, and do a paper on a fictional campground in school. Maybe I forgot? biggrin.gif

Klapton

Klapton
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 6:50 am 
I only go to ugly campgrounds. I can't take the rejection when I don't get a site at a pretty one.

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 10:21 am 
Ski wrote:
notice you still haven't answered any of the questions in the DNR thread.
I don't intend to be interrogated by a couple of trolls. I'll participate in a reasonable discussion, but I see no point in continuing a back-and-forth name calling competition. rolleyes.gif
Trollswarper wrote:
Name those campgrounds!
The "ugly campground" topic has been discussed at length in the past, as I'm sure you are perfectly aware.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Ski
><((((ー>

Ski
><((((ー>
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am 
so... by your definition, anybody disagreeing with your opinions is a "troll". interesting that it's okay for you to call people "trolls", but then you start whining about "name calling". I suppose that's the best that can be expected from bedwetters like you, though. a "reasonable discussion" involves back-and-forth; people make statements, ask questions, etc. involvement in a constructive discussion generally involves answering those questions, which you repeatedly refuse to do. as above, your tactic, since you have no answers, is to simply dodge the questions posed to you, because your arguments have no substance and you have nothing to support your proposals. nada. just a lot of hot air and pie-in-the-sky pipe-dream stuff. it's okay though - at least you're good for a laugh now and then.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 10:41 am 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
Ski wrote:
notice you still haven't answered any of the questions in the DNR thread.
I don't intend to be interrogated by a couple of trolls. I'll participate in a reasonable discussion, but I see no point in continuing a back-and-forth name calling competition. rolleyes.gif
Trollswarper wrote:
Name those campgrounds!
The "ugly campground" topic has been discussed at length in the past, as I'm sure you are perfectly aware.
No, I am not aware. You are woosing out nicely. As usual. Sun Lakes comes to mind. I've not liked the camping, but I've enjoyed the lake, the bike rides and even golfed there, but not obeying golf rules. Golf with rules is boring. Interrogate? That's a bit of an overstatement. You insult us, you spout profound opinions, but you rarely show any experience or knowledge to back up such profoundness. We're giving you a chance to show off.

Ski
><((((ー>

Ski
><((((ー>
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 11:36 am 
Quote:
No, I am not aware
yeah... I thought maybe it was just my failing memory... but I don't recall any "ugly campground" threads here. got a link for the "ugly campground" thread, by chance? lol.gif