Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > 105F in Columbia Gorge on I-90 last Sunday
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 12:06 pm 
I was going to canoe the Willamette river last weekend, I had five days off, but saw the temps in the valley would be in the 90's. So instead I went to the Oregon coast with the dog, and we had sustained winds of 30 mph and temps below 60. I wore a down jacket, long pants, and a warm hat the whole time, Sunday thru Thursday. Good sleeping weather, in a camper van.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Jun 16, 2015 3:23 pm 
Drinky Crow wrote:
I was going to canoe the Willamette river last weekend, I had five days off, but saw the temps in the valley would be in the 90's. So instead I went to the Oregon coast with the dog, and we had sustained winds of 30 mph and temps below 60. I wore a down jacket, long pants, and a warm hat the whole time, Sunday thru Thursday. Good sleeping weather, in a camper van.
A couple years ago I did a long road trip up the California coast. Somewhere in route one of the locals told me "it's never cold here, but sometimes it's crisp." I think that could apply to the Oregon coast as well. Sometimes it great to get a break from the heat and enjoy the ocean waves and ambiance.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Jun 16, 2015 4:24 pm 
So true. Me being a large person with lots of insulating blubber, I deal with cold much better than I do with heat. Plus my aging wonder dog gets overheated easily.

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostWed Jun 17, 2015 10:04 pm 
I was on the OR coast that weekend, it was about 55F Stopped in Eugene for some food on the way home and almost dropped dead when I opened the car door. It was at least 100.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Jun 17, 2015 10:40 pm 
MyFootHurts wrote:
I was on the OR coast that weekend, it was about 55F Stopped in Eugene for some food on the way home and almost dropped dead when I opened the car door. It was at least 100.
I had a similar experience (but the opposite) in California. It was well over 100 in the Central Valley and 3 hours later it was 50 degrees cooler when I hit the beach by San Luis Obispo. That felt great!