Forum Index > Partners > P to the CT
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zachpratt25
hikinginthe hills

zachpratt25
hikinginthe hills
PostThu Jun 11, 2015 5:26 pm 
So, next year I am walking from Mexico to Canada next year. 2666.1 miles(2650 to the USA boarder from Mexico). I have been told that my plan of just doing it isn't such a great idea (girlfriend isn't a fan) and I barely have motivated friends who simply have trouble getting out of the house, let alone.. Hike 2650 miles. SO I turn to this universe! Are you hiking the PCT next year? Are you just doing section or two? Would love to have someone(s) along. Obviously lots to prepare between now and then and yes there is 10 months but I'd like to remove as many variables as possible so I have the absolute best shot at finishing.

To see the world, Things dangerous to come to, To see behind walls, To draw closer, To find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of LIFE.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
SlingShot
Slingshot

SlingShot
Slingshot
PostThu Jun 11, 2015 10:08 pm 
Do It! Do It! Do It! I started the PCT on April 1st this year. I planned for about a year, it has been on my wish list since I was 16. You will find many friends on the trail from all walks of life. I started solo, now I have 20 plus hiker trash friends. Many people started with a partner or buddy and were soon 10-30 miles apart. HYOH (hike your own hike) and enjoy every day. Save your money up and embrace the hiker trash mentality early. Every 3-5 days is a vortex (town) that invites you with showers, laundry and meals, all at a cost. This years late weather is causing a lot of hikers to hold up for many days and draining many a wallet. Budget is the most common reason for leaving the trail. Me, I started at Campo and made it into Idyllwild. Both my knees were in pain and after 4 days of ice, vitamin I, and rest I came home. I have ankylosing spondylitis and my knees have always been in question. I returned to the trail after 3 weeks. 3 miles from Kennedy meadows store my left knee was giving me a all new type of pain. I turned back before entering the Sierras and its 4-8' of fresh snow. A group of us hitched up to Donner pass and continued north. I made it to Sierra city before calling it quits. I hope to do more sections later this summer and next year, knees willing.

Take only photo's. Leave only foot prints. Waste only time. John Muir http://www.flickr.com/photos/dogntallgrass/ https://www.facebook.com/marc.mallang
zachpratt25
hikinginthe hills

zachpratt25
hikinginthe hills
PostFri Jun 12, 2015 7:10 am 
If you wanted to come along or meet up I'd be more then happy to have you along

To see the world, Things dangerous to come to, To see behind walls, To draw closer, To find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of LIFE.
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostFri Jun 12, 2015 1:59 pm 
From what I understand, you'll make lots of friends along the way. Seems to be the better approach rather than spending the whole time with the same people.