Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Hang 'Em High/Execution Watch
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu Jun 18, 2015 1:21 pm 
In Old Oregon and especially in Portland, public executions were thought to be a way to keep the peace. Marshal Meeks was a big part of the justice system as he hunted down and arrested criminals and brought them in. The outdoors gallows was on the river and the people came in farm wagons with the kids to watch the hanging. Singing redemption songs. Today there is this on the interwebs. http://executionwatch.org/

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Jun 18, 2015 4:20 pm 
Is there some special reason you are dumping this sick perversion here?

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jun 18, 2015 5:42 pm 
Last Public Execution in the USA was in 1936 -- The media circus surrounding the execution lead to the end of public executions. Its hard to imagine what today's current media would do with a public execution -- the mind boggles and I for one think that it would likely INCREASE the commission of horrific crimes -- as at least some crazy people would revel in the "glory" of millions of people watching them die. After all Ted Bundy moved to Florida as he believed it was the most likely state to execute him for his depravity.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu Jun 18, 2015 8:42 pm 
I think that that website is an anti-death penalty website for Texas. It's interesting about the frontier justice. US military justice is usually a private affair. In-house, so to speak.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.