Forum Index > Food & Grub > The Eatery in Marblemount
Previous :: Next Topic  
Jeff
Ramen Elitist

Jeff

Ramen Elitist
PostWed Jul 01, 2015 7:13 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Is this place worth a stop or is it a tourist trap? I hear the cinnamon rolls are fantastic. However, my experience is that most of the food in Marblemount is overpriced and not that good.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome

Forest nut...
PostThu Jul 02, 2015 10:43 pm 
what no more great teryaki at 12-13$ or hamburgers at MONDO'S???

heard breakfast suks, but the teryaki stuff was good and big enough for left-overs...think the asian guy owns it..

the eatery has decent food, some items hit or miss, but some are worth the 12-15$...ALL DEPENDS ON WHO IS COOKING....salads hav been good..

and yes the burger joint with "good food "sign (ski chalet style building......is actually better then the american ? cafe 13$ burgers or dinners at like 15$...

being a trained chef I know burgers.... dizzy.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
wakerobin

wakerobin

PostSun Jul 05, 2015 8:31 pm 
We stopped at the BBQ Caboose on Thursday. It was yummy. $10-ish for sandwich, chips and soda.

--------------
Between the silence of the mountains and the crashing of the sea...
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

PostWed Jul 08, 2015 9:02 am 
Ate a burger a Mondo's just last weekend....it was pretty good.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Jeff
Ramen Elitist

Jeff

Ramen Elitist
PostWed Jul 08, 2015 4:54 pm 
I tried the cinnamon rolls on the start of a 3 day trip and they were pretty good. Nothing special for the $4.25 you pay for them. I did notice that I could barely finish my lunch or dinner while hiking, so they definitely deliver plenty of energy for the day.

I'm not interested in Mondo or the Caboose. I haven't had a single good food experience in marblemount so I usually just pass right through town at eat along the I-5 corridor.
Kim Brown

Kim Brown

PostWed Jul 08, 2015 7:12 pm 
I like Mongo and The Diner - I'm assuming The Diner is still open - right at the bend in the road near the bridge...?

I've eaten at the Clark's Cabins restaurant several times. SErvice can be slow, but I've always enjoyed it. I like Buffalo Run, but my first choice is The Diner (closed on Mondays, I think).

If you don't eat there, it's a long way to food, so I'm not picky.

Who am I kidding - I'm not picky anyway, so I'm not a good gauge of good food.

Which reminds me - is Good Food still a filthy pit? I stopped eating there years ago due to sanitation grossness. If they've cleaned it up, I'll remove this part of the post.

--------------
" I'm really happy about this! … I have very strong good and horrible memories up there."  – oldgranola, NWH’s outdoors advocate.
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy

PostWed Jul 08, 2015 7:34 pm 
Hand's down the ONLY place to eat is the Marblemount Diner.  A few years back I spent some weeks working there and sampled all the places from Marblemount to Darrington and Concrete.  All were average or worse, except for the Diner.
Good food and very nice folks!  Only drawback was their sometimes weird hours....
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Jeff
Ramen Elitist

Jeff

Ramen Elitist
PostWed Jul 08, 2015 8:09 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
Which reminds me - is Good Food still a filthy pit? I stopped eating there years ago due to sanitation grossness. If they've cleaned it up, I'll remove this part of the post.

Good Food closed last year. I believe the health department "cleaned it up."
Slim
This space for rent

Slim

This space for rent
PostThu Jul 09, 2015 11:09 am 
We dubbed it the "Goo Foo".    eck.gif

--------------
"Our flapjacks sell like hotcakes"
Schroder

Schroder

PostFri Jul 10, 2015 6:40 am 
ImTheScientist wrote:
Ate a burger a Mondo's just last weekend....it was pretty good.

up.gif  up.gif

I've been stopping here ever since they opened.  I also see the Park Service crowd here too so it must be the local favorite.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Food & Grub > The Eatery in Marblemount
  Happy Birthday pochac, MidLifeHiker!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: