Forum Index > Partners > Blanca lake
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jeannette

jeannette
PostSat Jul 04, 2015 5:15 pm 
Anyone interested in going to Blanca lake very early in the day (to avoid the heat) either tomorrow(Sunday) or Monday 7/5 or 7/6? I have never been there and I heard from a fellow hiker that it is quite pretty. My thought would be to leave the TH around 6:30 AM and hike up and spend some time before it got too hot and then hike back out in the early afternoon. My pace uphill is about 2.5 miles per hour or a little less depending on the load I have.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Jul 07, 2015 8:26 pm 
Jeanette, Blanca Lake is pretty. If you don't care to hike alone, Blanca is fine if you go solo. It's popular. Of course, it's more fun to have someone to hike with. Perhaps in fall you'll have better luck getting a Blanca partner on this site; folks here by and large do bigger, longer trips in summer to take advantage of summer daylight. And most here don't care for crowded trails. So: long story short - it's not you, it's a combination of other factors!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
jeannette

jeannette
PostTue Jul 07, 2015 8:50 pm 
Actually, my friend and I went there yesterday and left the parking lot at 5 Pm and camped overnight. Yes it was very crowded with people coming down however there were only two other parties that were camping. It was very nice however I cannot believe how much garbage there was. I just found it to be very irksome that people leave their tissues all over, water bottles all over and plastic bags. It seems like they should know better but don't care. Anyways, yes I normally go on longer trips too in the summer. I had just heard about Blanca lake and I thought I would check it out. A very pretty place, with beautiful views, I just wish that people were better stewards.