Forum Index > Support & Feedback > New posting terms
Previous :: Next Topic  
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 1:11 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
This site has always been lightly moderated thanks to all of you.  We'd really like to keep it that way so before hitting the reply or submit button I would like to ask everyone to think about whether their contribution adds value to this site.  Is it positive?  Is it helpful?  Will it make people want to return to this site and be part of this community?  Nothing wrong with healthy debate but let's keep it civil, refrain from personal attacks, and remember this site is what you choose to make it.  Thank you!

Edit:  It seems a few here have not read this post (or taken it to heart) so everyone is being asked to pledge to abide by this request (you will be prompted before posting).  Also, to clarify, this is not simply a request for civility.  Please consider whether your contribution adds value to this site before posting.  If you can't think of anything value added to post I would suggest browsing the trip report forum and thanking someone for their contribution.  A little goes a long way.  Thanks again and I can't emphasize enough this place is what you choose to make it!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chico

Chico
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 1:29 pm 
up.gif

--------------
http://capitolriders.org
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
rbuzby
Attention Surplus

rbuzby
Attention Surplus
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 1:34 pm 
Important message Tom, thanks!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 1:52 pm 
up.gif  up.gif
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 2:37 pm 
OK

Rumi

--------------
"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Gimpilator

Gimpilator
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 3:09 pm 
up.gif  up.gif

--------------
http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=25744
http://www.peakbagger.com/climber/ClimbListC.aspx?cid=2650&sort=elevft&u=ft&j=-1&y=9999

Keep climbing mountains and don't slip!
wolffie

wolffie
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 4:33 pm 
I keep trying to think of something worth saying or hearing, but nothing happens...
Chico

Chico
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 4:35 pm 
wolffie wrote:
I keep trying to think of something worth saying or hearing, but nothing happens...

You forgot reading, seeing, feeling!

--------------
http://capitolriders.org
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 4:39 pm 
Tom wrote:
..to think about whether their contribution adds value to this site.  Is it positive?  Is it helpful?  Will it make people want to return to this site and be part of this community?

Yes!  Thank you Tom.  Well said.   up.gif     ~z
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
rbuzby
Attention Surplus

rbuzby
Attention Surplus
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 4:43 pm 
Quote:
wolffie wrote:I keep trying to think of something worth saying or hearing, but nothing happens...

https://youtu.be/mlejsgxOxrU
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 7:14 pm 
up.gif  up.gif

rbuzby, nice contribution!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 8:39 pm 
I will refrain from "personal attacks" unless they attack me first, then it's game on. bug.gif

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 8:59 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I will refrain from "personal attacks" unless they attack me first, then it's game on. bug.gif

Chief Joseph, there are a lot of ways to think about this.  I would be interested to hear others' opinions.

As for mine, let's start with Tom's request above:  "...before hitting the reply or submit button I would like to ask everyone to think about whether their contribution adds value to this site.  Is it positive?  Is it helpful?  Will it make people want to return to this site and be part of this community?"

I don't see how you defending yourself from someone's self-defeating personal attack against you adds value to the site.  It's not positive, it's not helpful.  It won't make people want to return to this site and be a part of this community.  I suggest trying to apply these criteria to all posts.  Thoughts?
cartman

cartman
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 9:36 pm 
Bernardo wrote:
I don't see how you defending yourself from someone's self-defeating personal attack against you adds value to the site. It's not positive, it's not helpful. It won't make people want to return to this site and be a part of this community. I suggest trying to apply these criteria to all posts. Thoughts?

Also well said.

Someone once told me "silence is always an option".

If you absolutely must say something negative, use the PM box.
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob
PostFri Jul 17, 2015 12:47 am 
Well heck, if this is what it takes to see (read hear) more from Thomas, everybody be bad!  LOL.

Ive been more guilty than most. Good words TD.

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

Abraham Lincoln
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Support & Feedback > New posting terms
  Happy Birthday Creaky Knees, ryleymyers!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: