Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > King5 is Depressing
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
seattlenativemike

seattlenativemike
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 2:47 pm 
So I'm looking at King5's page and it makes me sad for two reasons: Big article on Exploring the NW with content about Snow Lake, as if that hike needs more traffic... Another article on the Ride the Ducks being affected by Seattle traffic. I leave a comment to the effect of" Well maybe visitors will see what its really like here and not move to WA." It got deleted. Back to sitting in traffic, looking around and seeing that every car around me is from a different state...ugh

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chico

Chico
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 2:51 pm 
seattlenativemike wrote:
looking around and seeing that every car around me is from a different state
Could already be residents. JBLM for example.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 3:18 pm 
seattlenativemike wrote:
Back to sitting in traffic, looking around and seeing that every car around me is from a different state...ugh
What stands out most to me when I'm sitting in traffic is how maybe half the cars around me are being driven by a zombie looking down at their hands, with a blue glow on their faces.

Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 3:38 pm 
seattlenativemike wrote:
Back to sitting in traffic, looking around and seeing that every car around me is from a different state...ugh
I'm from a different state and I have to say that in all the states I have lived in, Washington drivers drive me nuts the most. Between putzing along in the left lane to trying to merge onto the freeway 15mph slower than the traffic on the freeway. mad.gif And in most of these cases I am assuming they are from Washington because their plate's are WA plates. However I will admit that Wash. drivers are more polite in letting people cross the road than in other states I have lived in. up.gif

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 3:51 pm 
Having a WA plate doesn't mean they learned their poor driving habits in Washington. Many, if not most, idiot drivers are from out of state.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Chico

Chico
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 4:29 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
What stands out most to me when I'm sitting in traffic is how maybe half the cars around me are being driven by a zombie looking down at their hands, with a blue glow on their faces.
You must do a lot of driving at night!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 5:36 pm 
Maybe the publicizing of the big earthquake will stop the immigration and maybe even start an exodus to the east coast? We can hope. up.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 5:55 pm 
The head Duck guy said, rather than detouring the 5pm tour, they would just make it 2 hours long, instead of the usual 90 minutes. This made me laugh. They should call it the " Seattle Congestion Special "

Chico

Chico
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 6:14 pm 
It's a duck! Take it into the water. There's your detour!

seattlenativemike

seattlenativemike
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 7:19 pm 
"Having a WA plate doesn't mean they learned their poor driving habits in Washington. Many, if not most, idiot drivers are from out of state." exactly Some survey said that only 40% of Seattle's residents are from here

tigermn

tigermn
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 9:51 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Actually they are playing with their phone, texting, putting on makeup or doing something otherwise to distract them from driving...

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 9:57 pm 
Odd assumption that all the bad drivers are from out of state. Based on What???? Sort of odd with so many claims that people experience the worst drivers here. What happens? When people move into the state they suddenly transform into crappy drivers? I wouldn't let the natives off that easily......

friluftsliv
touron

touron
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 10:04 pm 
Texting while yelling at other drivers?? I had to laugh at this one.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Spotly

Spotly
PostFri Jul 17, 2015 12:47 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
Having a WA plate doesn't mean they learned their poor driving habits in Washington. Many, if not most, idiot drivers are from out of state.
I've driven in 49 states, quite a few of them regularly. In my opinion, Washington drivers are some of the least courteous and (I hate to say it) Spokane drivers lead the pack, though west siders have their particular habits too (like staying in the fast line no matter what). I think out of state drivers who move here pick up the nasty little habits of the locals. Kind of a blend in or die sort of thing.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Jul 17, 2015 12:58 pm 
Spotly wrote:
Kim Brown wrote:
I've driven in 49 states, quite a few of them regularly. In my opinion, Washington drivers are some of the least courteous and (I hate to say it) Spokane drivers lead the pack, though west siders have their particular habits too (like staying in the fast line no matter what). I think out of state drivers who move here pick up the nasty little habits of the locals. Kind of a blend in or die sort of thing.
I think a jerk driver is a jerk driver no matter where they're from. But there's a difference between a jerk and a nice person who isn't a good driver. I know some very nice, nice people who just aren't good drivers. Overly-cautious, hesitant, etc. There's a difference

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert