Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Giant Lava Lamp dream ISN'T DEAD!!!!!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 9:29 pm 
It's BACK! The Giant Lava Lamp dream is NOT DEAD!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 9:53 pm 
they could probably buy Harvey the Giant Rabbit for a lot less than a million bucks, and they'd have something people would actually want to go see. and it's not even a real lava lamp! it's a fake lava lamp! who are they kidding? if I'm driving to Soap Lake to see a lava lamp, I want the real deal! and what's the deal with Keith Richards and cockroaches? is there a connection there? dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 10:08 pm 
We're talking about a Giant Lava Lamp, DOOD, it's not like any of it is real or anything! Don't be so poopy-pee pee poop.gif (did I actually just say that?). All lava lamps are fake, even the littler ones. That's not real lava, you know. (not sure if you know that) On the other hand, they are lamps. That part's real. I'd go to Soap Lake to see it, sure. The picture of it on their website shows a live band playing in the base of it. I bet Dave Matthews would dump The Gorge in a heartbeat to play inside of a lava lamp. Or Keith Richards. Keith Richards performs inside a lava lamp. What could possibly go wrong with that plan! And another picture shows some guys relaxing in it's shadow on a fair day in June, probably. What's not to like?

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 10:26 pm 
hey, if you can get Keith Richards to play in a lava lamp in Soap Lake, I'll send 'em a check! but remember not to mess with Keith Richards!

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 10:38 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
Keith Richards performs inside a lava lamp. What could possibly go wrong with that plan!
Ski wrote:
not to mess with Keith Richards!
Well, that answers my question. Maybe Barbara Streisand or Leslie Gore, if she wasn't dead.

chiwakum
not credible

chiwakum
not credible
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 11:00 pm 
Now THIS is a thread in it's proper place in time and space. I don't visit this bar often but I generally enjoy it.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 11:06 pm 
sorry, but I'm just not seeing the connection between Barbra Streisand and lava lamps. maybe somebody like local boy Jerry Miller .... now he'd be a perfect fit for the lava lamp scene. (hey I noticed on that site that Murph is still playing drums!)

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 9:05 am 
Chiwaukum, welcome to the Monkey House. Ski, I was thinking along the lines of someone who wouldn't create a melee inside of the lava lamp. I don't think I have ever heard of a Barbara Streisand melee. The most ruckus Leslie Gore ever created was a sing-along on a moving bus, and I don't think it crashed. Unless that Giant Lava Lamp goes on the road, it's not likely a traveling sing-a-long will be an issue. On the other hand, it would be a great gimmick. Especially the Leslie Gore part, because she's dead. Zombie Leslie Gore Sing-a-long in a Traveling Giant Lava Lamp. Tell me that headline wouldn't draw crowds to central Washington. Is Don Ho still around?

JimK

JimK
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 9:34 am 
How about the Leslie Gore from the original Batman TV show?

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 11:14 am 
In my mind--thankyou mom, a champagne bottle with bubbles coming out of it would be more appropriate, with Lawrence Welk music spouting out of speakers, or a mummified Lawrence Welk look alike leaning against the bottle. My mom, would point out every time we were going to or through Soap Lake that one of the Champagne Ladies was either from there, or had a house there. I don't know which one. Ah one and ah two...my folks watched that awful show every night it was on. I'd plop that giant bottle statue down in the middle of the lake. My sister ruined swimming in Soap Lake forever for me by mentioning all the diseased people who were in the lake. Yuckers.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 11:57 am 
now there ya go! forget Keith Richards or Dave Matthews or Leslie Gore! if they had Myron Floren on stage they'd have people lined up for miles! up.gif

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 12:21 pm 
Lawrence Welk would be perfect. Giant lava bubbles abound. I could see some mambo kings playing in the base of that thing, too. Perez Prado, Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White. or the Desi Arnaz orchestra. And maybe even some stuff from Les Paul & Mary Ford, maybe?

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 5:44 pm 
Ski wrote:
now there ya go! forget Keith Richards or Dave Matthews or Leslie Gore! if they had Myron Floren on stage they'd have people lined up for miles! up.gif
EVERYBODY POLKA! I've always wanted to shout that out in a crowd. Gawd, the days of 3 channels and one TV in the house and what we kids had to endure in a small house. Was it Norma Zimmerman? There were a few Champagne Ladies, I think. Our bedroom was too cold in the winter to go to escape from the show of the old fogies. So, despite reading books during the show, I seem to have absorbed some of it.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 6:13 pm 
Further research but not finding any living in Soap Lake. http://www.welkmusicalfamily.com/champagneladies.html Edited: Norma Zimmer spent summers there. Hmmmm, summer is Soap Lake? From a facebook discussion: Beth Scheib was on "Queen for a Day" and during the summer The Champagne Lady from "The Lawerence Welk Show", Norma Zimmer, stayed in her summer home on the beach. I remember seeing her with rollers in her hair at the Poka Dot Grocery Store. August 9, 2010 at 2:59pm · Delbert Long My Dad saw Norma Zimmer in line at John's Thrift. (The old location). He was surprised how short she was.

touron

touron
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 6:22 pm 
Shouldn't Soap Lake have a statue of a giant bar of soap, like Dial, or Irish Spring, or Ivory Snow?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.