Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Giant Lava Lamp dream ISN'T DEAD!!!!!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 11:55 pm 
... you sure you wouldn't rather have ABBA play at the lava lamp? as long as were talkin' soap, how about this little washday ditty?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 8:54 am 
NO! ABBA is not allowed inside of the Giant Lava Lamp. They're a dumb band. The Lava lamp is cool. Well, they can visit as visitors, but they can't play.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
mike

mike
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 am 
Soap Lake is a nice little town and we enjoyed our stay. I like it just fine the way it is. The lava lamp goes in the "My god! What the f### are they thinking!" category.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 am 
Well.... between you and I - - I don't think Keith Richards will be interested in performing in the lava lamp, so while the hamburger stand may sell a few more chicken finger baskets each year, I don't think it will make a boom-town of Soap Lake. But. So I think Soap Lake will still be as you like it. Waitaminute - I just thought of another idea! The Giant Lava Lamp can be a stage for an annual Soap Lake Shakespeare Festival. That would make it a boom-town. Sorry, Mike!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
mike

mike
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 11:44 am 
Kim Brown wrote:
Soap Lake will still be as you like it....
No it won't. There'll be a big-assed f### lava lamp looming over the town. We'll be going right by with eyes averted to Grand Coulee or even ...gasp! Othello.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 11:47 am 
mike wrote:
Othello.
See, even you like the Shakespeare theme.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 5:33 pm 
Lava vs. Spam think of the possibilities!!! a little more Lava music to get you motivated

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 5:39 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
NO! ABBA is not allowed inside of the Giant Lava Lamp. They're a dumb band. The Lava lamp is cool. Well, they can visit as visitors, but they can't play.
Wow! Tell us how you really feel Kim. lol.gif Me, I'm excited about the giant lava lamp. Firstly because it IS art. ( old discussion ) and also because I think it would be cool to just sit out there in a folding lawn chair, and stare at it for a while. I am concerned about the warm up time. You know, when the bubbles are just a solid, lifeless blob.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 6:46 pm 
poll numbers show the majority of nwhikers members responding to a poll do like ABBA up.gif

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSun Jul 26, 2015 5:46 am 
mike wrote:
The lava lamp goes in the "My god! What the f### are they thinking!" category.
Exactly. I've considered visiting Soap Lake one day, but not if they put in such a stupid thing as that. Why some people just can't leave "good" alone, I'll never understand.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Jul 26, 2015 11:01 am 
well, because sometimes "good" just isn't good enough. why would anybody want to go look at a bunch of old trees? but put up a 50-foot tall statue of Paul Bunyan and you have an attraction!

touron

touron
PostSun Jul 26, 2015 12:07 pm 
Per the Wikipedia article:
Quote:
The alkalinity of the lake is similar to that found on the moons of Jupiter. Because of this, in 2002 the National Science Foundation awarded a grant to researchers from Central Washington University to study the lake to learn about the possibility of life on Mars.
This should be reason enough to go to Soap Lake, after all, who has the time and energy to travel to Jupiter? For the price of a few gallons of gasoline, you can go to Soap Lake and experience the same thing. Element Milligrams/Liter Sodium 5760 Bicarbonate 2480 Sulfate 2540 Carbonate 3840 Chloride 2290 Potassium 504 Organic nitrogen 0.9 Fluoride 7.2 Ortho-phosphate 6.3 Nitrate 0.7 Calcium 2.5 Magnesium 2.9 One thing I notice is that the above list does not contain any Tang. Now, if Soap Lake had a lava lamp, would I be more likely to go? Yes, of course, because I am a touron. In fact I am probably the only nwhiker that is qualified to go to Soap Lake. Are you qualified? Ephrata not! lol.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Brucester

Brucester
PostSun Jul 26, 2015 6:03 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
They're a dumb band.
I love you Kim.

Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostTue Aug 04, 2015 4:27 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
Zombie Leslie Gore Sing-a-long in a Traveling Giant Lava Lamp
If Zombie Quark was still around, we could have an in!!!!!!

"Einstein stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, is as a blind man stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of sound" 1979 They don't make years like they used to.
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Aug 04, 2015 8:54 pm 
I think this story might have something to do with the Giant Lava Lamp. The nicotine addicted shooter is either protecting the lava lamp from officials from a neighboring town or county, even. It's in a silo somewhere around Soap Lake. That's where they're storing it. Anyway, I think there are rival communities after it, and the guy in this news article is either defending it from a coup, or he's one of those involved in the heist. Either way, the stand-off was ended via vape. All for the sake of the Giant Lava Lamp.