Forum Index > Partners > Seeking cohorts for PCT section hiking
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Oregon Nomad

Oregon Nomad
PostThu Aug 06, 2015 4:40 pm 
Howdy everybody! For a variety of reasons I have not been active on the various hiking forums for a while. This has been a tough year for my family financially, medically, and emotionally. I'm a 45 year old guy living in Bend, OR with my bride of 13 years, where I work as a real estate agent. My main outdoor interests are cycling and cycle touring, hiking and backpacking. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do much of those things for a while, between some financial setbacks, a hectic work schedule, and some medical issues that my wife is going through. My wife and I both agree that I need to reconnect with the things that help me to cope with life, but she has become deathly afraid of me doing any overnight trips solo. I have a friend who is interested in bicycle touring, so that is covered. I am now looking for folks that are interested in doing some backpacking as part of a small group. My goal, starting this year, is to begin section hiking the PCT from Willamette Pass, OR to Canada. This year I don't have a lot of time for vacations, so I'm looking to do a couple of 3-4 day trips to get the section out of the way between Willamette Pass and Mackenzie Pass. My intent is to do one trip around Labor Day weekend and the second trip sometime in early October. Anyone interested can email me (see my sig). Be well, everyone!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Scramblin_james
Dungeness Dweller

Scramblin_james
Dungeness Dweller
PostSun Aug 16, 2015 12:05 pm 
Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope you can find a partner.

A man’s true wealth is the good he does in the world. Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror. But you are eternity and you are the mirror. –Kahlil Gibran
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message