Forum Index > Partners > Mt Adams climb partner saturday Sept. 5th weather permitting
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
nachesrider

nachesrider
PostTue Aug 18, 2015 11:27 am 
Hi my name is Cheryl a good fast hiker and have all my backpacking gear. I was planning to climb Adams on labor day weekend. Thinking of getting up there pretty early Saturday and get a good camp spot at the lunch counter and then summit and come back down and camp there over night to see the sunset or sunrise. I don't really want to do it alone and I'm sure there will be lots of people up there if the weather is good. Thanks Cheryl

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
payslee

payslee
PostWed Aug 19, 2015 7:00 pm 
Mount Adams is currently burning on the south, east, and west sides and the Lunch Counter area is closed. You may need to postpone your climb until next year, as firefighters are fully engaged on other fires that are threatening many towns. Stay safe out there and be sure to check conditions before you head out. payslee

valiseverywhere

valiseverywhere
PostFri Aug 21, 2015 11:23 am 
Hi Cheryl, I am interested in this climb if fire stops and there is no rain. Do you plan to climb it in one day? I have never done more 3000 in elevation change, but on the other hand I have never tried and failed either. My pace is most probably much slower than yours, but if I take my time most probably I can do it. Let me know if you are interested. I am also carless in seattle, but I can most probably get to Tacoma or some other spot on the way down. Valentina