Forum Index > Partners > Day Hiking - Aug 29 & 30
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Iris

Iris
PostTue Aug 25, 2015 6:58 pm 
I am in Bellevue attending a training conference this week and am looking for day hiking partners this Saturday and Sunday. I'm an active, fit, female hiker in my early 30s from California who is open to a short or long hike to explore Washington. I normally drive to the Sierras but am not familiar with areas/rules/permitting here. Suggestions are appreciated! I plan on renting a car if necessary so I can meet at the trailhead or uber to carpool.

Iris
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stefan-K

Stefan-K
PostWed Aug 26, 2015 8:04 pm 
you may already know this but it's been hot and dry and the forest fires have been raging around here... so I think we're all looking forward to the rain (yes! finally!) predicted this weekend. Unfortunately it doesn't coincide well with your training conference... sorry! but if you like rainy hikes there's a lot of options close by all along the I-90 corridor. Just don't expect any views...

gb

gb
PostThu Aug 27, 2015 1:14 am 
Stefan highlights the big issues. The wind should blow the smoke away from the Cascades but the rain should be very heavy Saturday. Sunday you might hike east of Chinook Pass on Hiway 410 some distance (15-30 miles) but a follow-up on the weather would still be wise. Here is the current forecast for Mt. Rainier on the wet, western side of the Cascades: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=sew&textField1=46.781078&textField2=-121.742081&smap=1#.Vd7F3unlf8s And here is a link to the weather for Cliffdell which is in that range of distance east of Chinook Pass: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Cliffdell&state=WA&site=PDT&textField1=46.9464&textField2=-121.068&e=0#.Vd7HV-nlf8s You could also hike in the Teanaway near Cle Elum, Washington 85 miles east of Seattle along I-90.

AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostThu Aug 27, 2015 9:36 am 
Be sure to check out the Hazardous Weather link embedded in gb's first link. Plan accordingly.

LizzyRN

LizzyRN
PostMon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm 
What did you end up doing?

LizzyRN Where's my inhaler?!