Forum Index > Trip Reports > How to find good trails to hike in bad weather?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Sep 01, 2015 8:53 pm 
Build up a list of places you want to hike and categorize them by the type of weather needed to have an enjoyable trip. E.g. Camp Muir, clear skies and no wind. Boulder River , heavy rain makes the waterfalls prettier, Davis Peak is not too hot on an overcast day. Then rank the lists and as the day approaches the forecast shapes up choose from the top of expected weather list. Also always be willing to change plans at the last minute if conditions change or retreat from a trip that requires better conditions than actually encountered.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Sep 01, 2015 10:05 pm 
or: just enjoy a few of the trails that are awesome in horrible rainy windy weather: Ozette Loop (Cape Alava/Sand Point) Carbon River to Ipsut (or suspension bridge) Leadbetter Point State Park Sams Loop (sketchy access if it's windy. take your saw. ask me how I know this.) Spruce Burl Trail (Kalaloch Beach #1) (0.2 mile) others I can't think of right at the moment....

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message