Forum Index > Partners > Weekend Scramble?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sam18802

sam18802
PostWed Sep 23, 2015 4:32 pm 
Looking for anyone interested in attempting one of the following options on Sunday 9/27: Plan A: Dragontail Peak South Side- Summitpost boasts a route that is non-technical up the southern side of this peak in the Enchantments. Having said that, for a day hike this is going to be extremely demanding. I hike quickly, especially when I am timing myself. My goal is to start at Colchuck lake trailhead by 5am at the latest to ensure plenty of time to do this. Keep in mind this also involves trekking up Aasgard pass at a fast rate too. I think its doable in a single push with few breaks and light packs. Plan B: Kyes Peak- Not gonna lie, this one isn't much better or easier distance and elevation wise. However, it has been done in 12 hrs by average hikers. I think it can be done in well under 10 at the rate I plan on going. Plus, the summit looks awesome and has a cool "shark fin" shape. Both of these would be DAY hikes. It takes considerable planning to head that way from Bremerton, and I don't like going alone all that much anymore. Please let me know if anyone is interested in attending either. I have also considered an attempt on the Brothers in the Olympics Sat-Sunday. I'd prefer the first two options though.

Love hiking and mountains!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message