Forum Index > The Trading Post > Travel discounts (17.5% off flights, 15% off hotels)
Previous :: Next Topic  
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Nov 02, 2015 11:09 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
If anyone has travel plans coming up I have airfare discounts that can save you 17.5% on flights.  Just go to google flights to price your airfare, then click on the option to "share this itinerary", choose "link", and PM it to me.

Here's how this works.  I have credit card rewards that are worth significantly more when redeemed for airfare.  I prefer cash but the redemption rate is significantly lower for cash so I book airfare for friends and family and have them pay me.  I still come out ahead offering a discount, so it's a win win for both of us.

Edit:  I can also get hotel discounts.  Just go to hotels.com and I should be able to save 15% on most hotels.  This stacks on top of any coupon savings, etc.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Nov 02, 2015 12:47 pm 
Any good for Amtrak?   smile.gif

--------------
"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Nov 02, 2015 1:55 pm 
Sorry, just airfare.  I can get discounts on Amtrak, just not as much.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostMon Nov 02, 2015 7:07 pm 
Mike hooked me up.  What a sweet deal!  chickenleg.gif  banana.gif  cheers.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
BlameTheDogz

BlameTheDogz
PostTue Nov 24, 2015 10:05 am 
Thanks so much! 25% off of a Thanksgiving weekend fare is a total stoker!  party.gif

--------------
striving to stand like mountain yet flow like water, and make the dogs happy
Kat
Turtle Hiker

Kat
Turtle Hiker
PostMon Mar 14, 2016 5:25 pm 
Thanks Tom.  Am I reading your original post correctly that this discount is only applicable toward refundable fares?
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Mar 15, 2016 1:48 am 
No, pretty much any airfare.  There are no restrictions or blackout dates.  I removed that from the original post to eliminate confusion.
pahuja

pahuja
PostFri Mar 25, 2016 12:41 pm 
Hi Tom, are you still able to give the discount? I would love to use it smile.gif.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Mar 27, 2016 12:28 am 
Yes I still have plenty of points.
Frank

Frank
PostMon Apr 04, 2016 5:57 am 
Hi - are you still offering discounts? We want to fly from either Seattle or Vancouver, BC, to Sydney, Australia. We would like to leave around 27 November, 2016, and return on 21 or 22 December (we will be on a cruise from 7 - 21 December so can't return before then). There are 2 adults (seniors, if that helps). We'd like to fly non-stop, but most flights seem to go through LAX.

We could leave a little earlier - 2 or 3 days - but not much earlier.

Thanks. The cheapest flight I've found is $969 round trip per person and goes from Vancouver to Sydney with one stop.

Please e-mail us at <removed by moderator>.

Frank
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Apr 04, 2016 11:03 am 
Hi Frank, yes, I'm still offering discounts.  Check your email.
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob
PostSat Oct 29, 2016 2:52 pm 
I wish I had seen this earlier. I recently bought a ticket home for thanksgiving.

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

Abraham Lincoln
BlameTheDogz

BlameTheDogz
PostThu Nov 03, 2016 9:21 pm 
Tom hooked me up again!  party.gif

--------------
striving to stand like mountain yet flow like water, and make the dogs happy
graywolf

graywolf
PostFri Nov 04, 2016 6:09 am 
Saved me a bunch on our upcoming trip to Africa - Tom rocks!

--------------
The only easy day was yesterday...
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue May 02, 2017 10:17 pm 
Bumping this as flight discount is now 20%.  I can also offer hotels discounts of 15%.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > The Trading Post > Travel discounts (17.5% off flights, 15% off hotels)
  Happy Birthday Zipper, beaudaddy!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: