Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Nov 18, 2015 10:29 pm 
cdestroyer wrote:
bigsteve says:FTR, I never once painted my mother, and anyone who has is a sicko. Sicko? I was waiting for you. There is always someone like you. But wait I just remembered. I am a vet. I served my country in a war to preserve our way of life and the constitution. Freedom of speech. Ya thats the one. People like you have the right to say whatever you please no matter how wrong, vulgar, loud, discourteous, rude or obnoxious. I served just for you bigsteve. say what you want.
So you *have* painted your mother?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Nov 19, 2015 2:42 pm 
OK I had to go back to find this.
BigSteve wrote:
FTR, I never once painted my mother, and anyone who has is a sicko.
Does this mean anyone who paints their mother is a sicko, or just those who have painted your mother? (FTR, I haven't painted your mother either. embarassedlaugh.gif )

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Nov 19, 2015 4:51 pm 
I refer to my '87 Toyota 4-runner (Truckie) as my trusty steed - is that male or female?

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostThu Nov 19, 2015 11:11 pm 
Quark wrote:
OK I had to go back to find this.
BigSteve wrote:
FTR, I never once painted my mother, and anyone who has is a sicko.
Does this mean anyone who paints their mother is a sicko, or just those who have painted your mother? (FTR, I haven't painted your mother either. embarassedlaugh.gif )
Well, we might need to look even a little further into this. What is meant by "painting your mother?" Does that mean someone (you or me, another question altogether) sat down with an easel and canvas and created a painting of the mother in question? Or does it mean the paint was applied directly to said mother? so, if I painted your mother I could've either done it by creating a portrait on canvas or I could have assaulted her with a roller or brush. Same thing, I guess, if we said you painted your mother. So who's really the sicko here? dizzy.gif lol.gif

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostFri Nov 20, 2015 4:55 am 
Ok, smart boys and girls. Is the ocean(on which the boats float?) masculine or feminine? Santiago in Hemingway's Old Man and the Sea has at least a page on this topic...but he didn't have much else to do...hooked into a huge fish, no one to talk to, sketchy cell service/wifi. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Tom

horse with no name

horse with no name
PostFri Nov 20, 2015 6:47 am 
tmatlack wrote:
Ok, smart boys and girls. Is the ocean(on which the boats float?) masculine or feminine?
The ocean is the mother of all life, and is a she. And a vessel loaded with seamen (a ship) has got to be a he. Which makes sense, since a she needs a he to create life, and ships have of necessity been engaging in commercial and other intercourse on the ocean since the beginning of time. Without which, there would be no plankton or squid.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Nov 20, 2015 8:01 am 
Wasn't there a South Park episode about "seamen"? When I hit my head on the roof in a boat last week, I called it %$#$%. It was a very cute boat though.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Nov 20, 2015 9:24 am 
Quote:
Ships, like, for example, vases, generally symbolise femininity because they are vessels; like the womb, supposedly a woman's defining characteristic, their function is to contain. This is the flipside of the phallic symbols traditionally embodied in spires, towers, etc. Helen E. Mundler, Strasbourg France