Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Trail Dreams
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Nov 14, 2015 12:56 pm 
Anyone else ever have dreams of walking trails? I jerked awake last night when the dream I was having included at least three details that are exactly how the trail is, or at last how I saw it last early summer. Trails End, or Purcell L.O. trail, near Randle. Kinda creepy.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Brucester

Brucester
PostSat Nov 14, 2015 4:46 pm 
I used to get these day dreams (flashbacks) after doing the AT and sometimes I'd have these vivid dreams at night as well. I later found out it's pretty common. And I even saw a reference to this in a Lynne Weldon film "Five Million Steps."

RichardJ

RichardJ
PostTue Nov 17, 2015 1:54 pm 
I don't remember trail dreams, but I had fly fishing dreams lately. I got into fly fishing pretty heavily this summer and fall and it was all I could think of. Got the bug bad. The dreams were of perfect dry fly casts and it was very enjoyable.

contour5

contour5
PostTue Nov 17, 2015 2:42 pm 
I recently had an extremely vivid and perhaps somewhat lucid dream about editing mountain photos. I was working on some amaaazing shots. Then I woke up and was really bummed that I didn't have the shots after all... I can still picture a couple of them.

wolffie

wolffie
PostWed Nov 18, 2015 3:52 pm 
Sleeping solo outdoors, have horrible vivid lucid nightmares of my most agonizing phobias: troops of Boy Scouts marching in to share my camp, packs of unleashed dogs carrying knives in their teeth dropping purple lavender scented* dog-poop bags, trail runners in goretex lingerie spraying grafitti vandalism on the rocks, strip mines, strip malls and high-rises being constructed close by, Dick Cheney with a leaf blower aimed right at me coming closer and CLOSER and CLOSER ... then I awake with a start, drenched in cold sweat, quivering like jelly and hugging my dog... Is it those flashbacks they said would come? I actually do have lucid climbing nightmares wherein I'm stuck in some hopeless position, can't go up, can't go down, the rock is crumbling into rotten styrofoam, a storm is coming in, a shoelace is loose and I have to pee really bad... so I say to myself, "You know it's just a dream. Wouldn't it be fun to just jump?" Never can do it. As soon as I resolve to jump, I awaken with a start, drenched in cold sweat, quivering like jelly and hugging my dog. *not maiing this up; they sell them, and the inventor is still at large.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostWed Nov 18, 2015 4:47 pm 
wolffie wrote:
I actually do have lucid climbing nightmares wherein I'm stuck in some hopeless position, can't go up, can't go down, the rock is crumbling into rotten styrofoam, a storm is coming in, a shoelace is loose and I have to pee really bad... so I say to myself, "You know it's just a dream. Wouldn't it be fun to just jump?" Never can do it. As soon as I resolve to jump, I awaken with a start, drenched in cold sweat, quivering like jelly and hugging my dog.
I've had plenty of nightmares involving cliffs, most of them ending in heart pounding terror. However, in the most recent one I convinced myself in mid air that I was in a dream and landed safely without getting up. I then teleported back to the top of the cliff and jumped off again and got the greatest rush out of the trip back down. The scenery was absolutely astounding, and it was tremendous fun to take it all in as I repeatedly jumped off the cliff until I regretfully had to wake up in the morning. Regarding trail dreams, I've had a few. Some are just lovely hikes without anything unusual occurring, and others begin normal and then halfway through take a detour straight through the twilight zone!

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
wolffie

wolffie
PostTue Nov 24, 2015 4:38 pm 
I have spectacular trail dreams every day -- starting out on a long trip, perfect weather, exciting plans, comfy boots, good companions, sublime scenery, not a care in the world -- and before I get 50 paces, I wake up and I'm at work.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.