Previous :: Next Topic
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostSat Dec 05, 2015 4:43 pm 
what is he wearing under his poncho?
what is he wearing under his poncho?
http://mosswalks.blogspot.com/2015/12/wallace-and-jay-lakes.html The mountain weather forecast was awful, so I decided to stick to the low lands. This was my first time to Wallace Falls State park. I've been having to sort out my Mother's estate in Kirkland and I've been trying to make it fun, or at least less awful, by combining trips to Kirkland with hikes in the mysterious Cascades. At the start of my hike the wind was really howling under the power lines and I wondered if hiking today was a good idea! I decided to take what showed up as just an old logging road above the falls on my map. When I got there I found an established trail. My plan was to hike up the upper grade trail then go to Wallace and maybe Jay lake, then take the Ball trail back down for about 11 miles RT. Jay lake was prettier that I thought. I had my lunch at Pebble beach before I went to Jay lake. On the way back down I missed a turn to the Ball trail and that added an extra mile to my hike. I ended up hiking 13 miles and getting out just after sunset. I saw 5 other people including a trail runner who scared me out of my skin coming up behind me near the lake. The other 4 people were down on the main trail. One guy looked like he was naked under his poncho smile.gif The lighting was pretty awful for photography and I was pretty tired by the end of my hike. Pictures are coming though. I also have three videos of my last three hikes that I hope to be able to upload soon. http://mosswalks.blogspot.com/2015/12/wallace-and-jay-lakes.html
Not sure how this happened but I like it
Not sure how this happened but I like it

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent
PostSun Dec 06, 2015 1:22 am 
I think it is very likely that the man you saw was naked under the poncho. He looks similar to someone I nearly encountered on a trail in that area, one day a few years ago. Now you just need to go to Shaw Lake to finish the Wallace trifecta of lakes.

60 pounds lighter but not 60 points brighter.
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostSun Dec 06, 2015 9:33 am 
Redwic wrote:
I think it is very likely that the man you saw was naked under the poncho. He looks similar to someone I nearly encountered on a trail in that area, one day a few years ago. Now you just need to go to Shaw Lake to finish the Wallace trifecta of lakes.
I think if I go to Shaw Lake I will hike up the road from the gate rather than try to brush crash. The days are too short right now.

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent
PostSun Dec 06, 2015 10:28 am 
I agree with that idea. Don't do the brush bash. I did that when I was a teenager; it is not pleasant.

60 pounds lighter but not 60 points brighter.
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostMon Dec 07, 2015 6:35 pm 
I finally got my video uploaded.