Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Service Dogs on Trails NOT
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hikersarenumber1

hikersarenumber1
PostWed Dec 09, 2015 10:23 pm 
BigSteve wrote:
RandyHiker wrote:
People abusing the ADA to bring their pet does a disservice to the legit folks that rely on their service animals.
ditto.gif There's a scam site that allows one to register their dog as an "emotional support" service dog for a mere $64.95 plus shipping. shakehead.gif
Emotional support animals are not covered by the ADA and cannot go in public places like a service animal. Emotional support animals are recognized by fair housing to get pets into no pets allowed housing. They do not have to do anything, it's basically so low income, disabled and elderly people can have the benefits a pet provides without dealing with the difficulty of renting with a pet. The problem is people don't know the laws and everyone is afraid of the ADA.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Dec 09, 2015 10:43 pm 
For what it is worth in Ontario, Canada landlords are not allowed to prohibit pets and you are not allowed to own a pit bull.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Dec 09, 2015 10:44 pm 
Very interesting to me page distinguishing between emotional support animals and psychiatric service animals. http://servicedogcentral.org/content/node/76 One example of was a real service dog can do
Quote:
"When I miss my medication I become violently ill. So ill that I cannot even rise to a seated position. I vomit uncontrollably. My dog was trained to bring me my medication and a juice box so I could take it even when I am in this condition. She was also trained to clear the vomit out of my airway so I don't choke, even if I pass out."

wolffie

wolffie
PostFri Dec 11, 2015 10:48 am 
"Why, no, Mr. Ranger sir. This is not my dog. I thought it was just some funny-looking marmot that's been following me around all day." How to sneak your corgi into a bar: Put on dark glasses. If bartender objects that dogs are not allowed, you look past him, flash your best Ray Charles smile, and say, "This is my seeing-eye dog." When the skeptical bartender asks sarcastically, "That corgi is your seeing-eye dog?" your rejoinder is: "They gave me a corgi!?"

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.