Forum Index > Photography Talk > Your dream job is open for applicants
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostTue Dec 08, 2015 8:44 pm 
Via SF Gate "Do you have knowledge of large format photography and black and white techniques? Do you want to travel around the country making landscape images of the most beautiful lakes, mountain passes and lush valleys this great nation has to offer? Basically, do you want to be Ansel Adams? If so, the federal government has a job for you: Photographer, GS-1060-11/12 (1564575), Department of the Interior, National Park Service.* That doesn't sound terribly sexy, but remember, back in 1941, the legendary American photographer contracted with the Department of the Interior to document the nation's rich natural beauty, producing iconic images of our National Parks. Here are the requirements:
  • Knowledge of the principles and techniques of large format, black and white photography.
  • Knowledge of published standards and guidelines for architectural, engineering and landscape documentation.
  • Knowledge of film and digital photographic processes and techniques.
  • Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with others.
The pay: $63,722.00 to $99,296.00 *There is a catch: you have to live in Washington D.C.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Dec 08, 2015 10:05 pm 
DC is a deal killer, now if it were in Bishop or Mammoth Lakes in government provided housing. hockeygrin.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Dec 09, 2015 8:50 am 
More Cowbell wrote:
*There is a catch: you have to live in Washington D.C.
Fine Print -- you may not have to be in DC all that much...
Quote:
TRAVEL REQUIRED 25% or Greater Overnight travel may be required up to 5 - 10 nights per month.

kawi_200

kawi_200
PostWed Dec 09, 2015 12:11 pm 
Just because you won't be in DC for the work doesn't mean sqwat. DC is a high cost to live area and 66k to 90k is like us making 40k-60k. Probably not that bad, but i'd rather be making 60k here where my money goes further. Plus all my family lives here on the west coast. I have zero family and friends that live over there.

Wait, there is a 6am?!?!
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostWed Dec 09, 2015 2:30 pm 
This really does sound like my dream job, but I haven't worked with film, and I definitely fall short in the communications department. hmmm.gif

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/