Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Boot print stencils and ink
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jumble Jowls

Jumble Jowls
PostSat Jan 09, 2016 10:55 am 
I'd like to put boot prints on my luggage. It's a typical soft-sided synthetic duffle bag. What type of ink or paint would be best, that would not smear or flake off? Also, I did a Google search and didn't find many hiking boot stencils. This is the best I found, but it's only so-so. Any suggestions for more realistic looking stencils would be appreciated. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boot-print-Stencil-Airbrush-Painting-Mylar-Reusable-/260832392410

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jaberwock

Jaberwock
PostSat Jan 09, 2016 12:00 pm 
I'd smear some fabric paint or screen printing ink on the bottom of my shoes and walk on the luggage.

Bogart

Bogart
PostSat Jan 09, 2016 12:34 pm 
Synthetics - you will generally have to test. You can try a pigment dye or something like Speedball block fabric paint. Depending on coatings, weave, etc. you will find something you like. With respect to a template: Your main problem will be adhering a template to the fabric to prevent bleeding under when you apply the paint/dye. You can try using a template adhered to the fabric with spray adhesive, but that may leave a residue. Alternately, make a 'template' out of blue tape. Cover the bag in blue tape, ink up a boot sole, transfer to blue tape, let dry, then carefully cut out pattern. Downsides of doing this would be potential damage to the bag, tape stencil is generally not reusable, and it will take a while.

meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostSat Jan 09, 2016 3:13 pm 
the other approach might be make a print of your own boot print out, resized use this to cut Tenacious Tape ( X-acto knife, scalpel etc) apply to bag I did some repair using this tape on my heavy duty rolling duffel and the stuff does not move