Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Towns in Western Washington for retirement
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Brucester

Brucester
PostMon Feb 01, 2016 1:28 pm 
Outside the box: Be an apartment manager or rent with room mates. Room mates aren't so bad at any age, like family once you get to know them. Keep searching and keep positive. I wouldn't take everything I read on the internet as gospel.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Feb 01, 2016 3:30 pm 
In the suburbs of Ashford. Looks like a good roof. http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/113-Rainier-Pl_Ashford_WA_98304_M24895-75855

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostMon Feb 01, 2016 3:57 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
In the suburbs of Ashford. Looks like a good roof. http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/113-Rainier-Pl_Ashford_WA_98304_M24895-75855
note original post: " Needs are 2br home"

friluftsliv
tigermn

tigermn
PostMon Feb 01, 2016 9:58 pm 
boot up wrote:
Funny how that works... People just spout off whatever sounds good to them with little regard for what the original poster's needs are.... Nothing new, we've see it in every thread like this before...

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Feb 02, 2016 10:16 am 
tigermn wrote:
boot up wrote:
Funny how that works... People just spout off whatever sounds good to them with little regard for what the original poster's needs are.... Nothing new, we've see it in every thread like this before...
No, people spout off what they remember without reading all the posts every time. Besides, one needs to be flexible when house shopping, especially on a low budget. I'm looking for house buy number six and I know I will not find the perfect dream house. That's how it works. Besides, if you read the description of that place carefully, you would see that it has an RV hookup which is kind of a second bedroom. Imagination works. Be flexible.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
ChinookPass

ChinookPass
PostTue Feb 02, 2016 10:32 am 
Thanks for the replies. My concern is less about hitting an exact price point but more about finding a community that is quiet and safe. A quick google on any town in western WA away from Seattle seems to return some sad forum or blog which claims that town x is the "meth capitol" of wherever. I doubt that could ever be the case for everywhere but it must be true somewhere or if that moniker could ever capture the true essence of a place. Anyway, good advice Randy on the +55 mobile home parks. Visited a few this weekend and many seem nicer than the park she is in now in WI and might be a good fit for her. Still on the lookout for a home in a small town away from the rat race with sidewalks where she can get in a morning and evening walk. I rode back from STP two years ago through some towns down near St. Helens (Amboy or Heisson, something like that) that really seemed nice but are a bit far. Thanks all.