Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Twisp River Pub - Closed Due to Fire
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ArcDome

ArcDome
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 7:16 am 
Twisp River Pub burned down again early this morning. Hwy 20 is closed through town so use east county road as a detour. Methow Valley News Facebook
Quote:
Reiterating an earlier report of a structure fire at Twisp River Pub for those who are more recently awake and checking Facebook. Per the scanner, Twisp River Pub is currently at least half engulfed in fire. All of Okanogan Fire District 6 has been called in and they have now asked for District 15 units out of Pateros and Brewster. I'm not sure when the fire was first reported, but we have been following the incident via scanner since 3 a.m. Highway 20 is closed. The WSDOT website states there is a detour, but does not give details. If you are traveling south from the upper Methow Valley, the Twisp-Winthrop Eastside road is a good way to avoid the incident all together. Twisp River Suites has been evacuated. Paul Budrow, Twisp Police Chief is on scene as well as numerous firefighters from District 6. See our earlier posting for some reader-submitted photos from the incident.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 9:10 am 
Bring back the Antlers!

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 9:44 am 
Dang, that sucks. down.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 10:24 am 
Photos from Methow Valley News on FB

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 11:06 am 
Damn frown.gif

Fletcher

Fletcher
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 11:47 am 
Whoa, that's awful. One of my favorite post-hike grub stops.

ArcDome

ArcDome
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 pm 
An updated article from the Methow Valley News: Methow Valley News Fire Update It looks like the brewery, kitchen, and dining area might have escaped direct fire damage but extensive smoke damage occurred throughout building. Pub owner initially hoping to be open for summer season.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 1:27 pm 
Quote:
There was about $10,000 worth of beer in kegs and tanks in the building, Studen said. He wasn’t sure how much of it would be salvageable
Oh No Mr Bill!

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 3:11 pm 
frown.gif though I thought they were going to close anyway? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different place in Twisp.

gb

gb
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 3:13 pm 
This is a tragedy of monumental scale! wink.gif Great place to eat and relax, though, after hiking.

ArcDome

ArcDome
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 3:28 pm 
fourteen410 wrote:
frown.gif though I thought they were going to close anyway? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different place in Twisp.
It's been for sale for sometime along with the Old Schoolhouse Brewery in Winthrop.

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostMon Feb 29, 2016 3:32 pm 
Major disaster! That was my second most favorite place to eat in the area. The first is the Old School House Brewery in Winthrop. But the sandwiches at "The Bakery" on the river at Pateros are a close third.

Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostTue Mar 01, 2016 1:46 pm 
Wasn't there a previous brewery in Twisp that burned?

"Einstein stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, is as a blind man stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of sound" 1979 They don't make years like they used to.
ArcDome

ArcDome
PostTue Mar 01, 2016 4:27 pm 
Z wrote:
Wasn't there a previous brewery in Twisp that burned?
That was Methow Valley Brewing which was the original business name/owner for the Twisp River Pub. When the original brewery burned the owner purchased the old service station on the Twisp River and rebuilt it as The Twisp River Pub. I believe the brewery part of the pub might still use the MVB name. I ran down to Twisp today and from the river and front sides of the pub it's hard to see any fire damage. From what I heard in town the dining room, kitchen, and brewery escaped serious damage. There's extensive smoke damage throughout and the dining room floor has been water damaged. The fire destroyed the office and storage area but they should be relatively easy to rebuild. Highway 20 Pizza up the road at Winthrop is also a good pre/post hike option. I also heard that the old Antlers restaurant should be opening within the next few months after extensive remodeling. Not sure about the type of food but it might be an upscale version of the old Antlers.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostTue Mar 01, 2016 5:05 pm 
OffTheBeatenTrack wrote:
Not sure about the type of food but it might be an upscale version..
Most of the towns out there depend on the needs of upscale summer tourists. When we were volunteering with the Forest Service on the PCT our cook got called out of camp to fight a forest fire. The FS realized that we were from Seattle and they hired the head chef from Sun Mountain Lodge as a replacement cook for us. We ate upscale meals at Harts Pass for a week.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.