Forum Index > Partners > 2017 hike to the Winds
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
General ****

General ****
PostWed Apr 06, 2016 1:24 pm 
I am into either trip, or both; and would like to buy maps of the areas, does anyone have any suggestions on which maps I should get? Thank you, General ****

The General primarily backpacks solo.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostThu Apr 07, 2016 8:43 am 
Heard from the guide. If 5 people go, the cost per person to have us taken in and dropped off will be about $250.00 each. That would save us 1 day from hiking in ourselfs and alot of energy. We will need it to go in to the lakes I am planning to fish. It's 62 miles from the road to the trailhead all on dirt roads, so hauling in 9 horses and taking us is costs alot of time and money. More details to follow. Only have room for 3 more people.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Apr 12, 2016 7:11 am 
ummm pack hauling is only 2 horses...we have a lightweight overnight pack,meet horses at lake second day... I was thinking drop camp not riding 9? horses.... and if your talking south bighorn crags how far in is the first camp?...we can stay 2 nights then bust a move day 3 up to sekrit lakes... paranoid.gif

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostTue Apr 12, 2016 4:27 pm 
5 riding horses, 2 pack horses, and 2 horses for the guides. If we all have an average weight of 40 lbs. That is 200 lbs. Each horse can carry a max of 150 Lbs. Anything over 5 horses requires 2 guides. Not to crazy about dropping our stuff and leaving it there with no one around. This is for the secret lakes. Have to call them and ask when they need the $$$$. Refund policy in case of Fires, like last time ect. More to follow when I find out. Thanks everyone!