Forum Index > Gear Talk > Tiny trailers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bandanabraids
Plodding along

Bandanabraids
Plodding along
PostFri May 06, 2016 11:44 am 
I wanted a teardrop. I wanted a Chalet A-frame. I wanted a T@B. Looked at Scamps and Casitas too. I wanted one of these little ones so I could feel more secure than in a tent and, let's face it, I like that I can pack what I need in a trailer and leave it for the next time. Then my husband got involved. What did we get? 32ft 5th wheel. I love it, don't get me wrong. But it does not solve my problem of just going camping on a weekend by myself and feeling a bit more secure than in a tent. shakehead.gif (Note: I DO like having my own toilet and shower available though so there is that.)

"Do or do not. There is no try" --Yoda
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostFri May 06, 2016 11:48 am 
Some of those tiny trailers (T@B, Casita) come with wetbath options - toilet, sink, shower - that are just as cute as the trailers themselves. Cuteness within cuteness.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri May 06, 2016 1:13 pm 
The teardrop I had was supposed to leak. It did not. I didn't know my Chalet A frame was leaky and it wasn't, even after I replaced the bungees. It did drip from condensation inside sometimes. The thing about the A-frame is that there isn't much storage because the can't have cabinets on the walls, so you are shifting boxes of stuff around. Mine did have the big bin on the front, which was very handy to have and it did not leak and was raccoon proof. I put the dog food in it and was awakened on a few trips by raccoons trying to get the dog food. We shall see how the Casita does. Fiberglass trailers don't have a lot of seams so are supposed to be less leaky and last a long time. Yup, mine has the full bath in it. That is nice to have when it is dark and stormy outside. It's very luxurious, for me.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat May 07, 2016 7:20 am 
The cute factor is extreme on this one. https://vimeo.com/162621984

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat May 07, 2016 7:57 am 
What does "cute" cost? PS: I don't intend on sipping fine wine with my model babe in my RV. We drink whisky here!
Toyota Truck Rugged. Taliban Tested.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostSat May 07, 2016 12:57 pm 
Cute can be relatively less expensive when you needn't buy the monster mega truck to tow it.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat May 07, 2016 7:07 pm 
Cuteness costs nothing when one is dreaming. Here is a forum full of cute trailers and many are home made. I am intrigued by the foamies. Cute Trailers

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat May 07, 2016 8:19 pm 
My 2005 diesel Jeep Liberty which gets 35+MPG (and has a 5000lb tow rating) should get me around 28-30mpg towing this. Forest River R-Pod 178.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
jbsimm2
WWLD?

jbsimm2
WWLD?
PostMon May 09, 2016 7:18 am 
I have a 178 that I tow with my Xterra. I get more like 8 or 10 mpg though.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon May 09, 2016 7:44 am 
I don't think about mpg. It is too depressing. That's offset by the fact that I can't seem to drive as far pulling a trailer. I get tired faster so don't have to fill up so much per day. Guess it is because I have to concentrate whilst towing?

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostWed May 11, 2016 12:21 pm 
One thing that I decided early on that I needed about any RV or boat was a picture window at the table. If it's raining and I can't be outside at least I have a window to look out.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
trestle

trestle
PostThu May 12, 2016 9:31 am 
I already wanted a small trailer and now AlpineRose has only made it harder for me. And thanks to Cyclopath, I'm scheming up a way to acquire a new bicycle. I wonder who's going to inspire me to spend my next gear money. I managed to kick the "glove" habit a decade ago and am coming out of the "boots" habit but still struggling with "softshells". Please don't mention flashlights, watches, or headphones. biggrin.gif I looked at a new backpack the other day. I'm doomed.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostThu May 12, 2016 11:50 am 
OK, now I am fantasizing about an R-Pod. 171 or 172. Appears towable by an Outback. Dedicated bed and dining areas. Indoor wetbath. Still cute, but I would put it in the "small" rather than "tiny" category. Made in Oregon, so not a major project to view and/or buy. MMMMMMM.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu May 12, 2016 5:53 pm 
There is "dry" weight and there is real life weight. I figure my plastic trailer runs around 3000 pounds with water and propane tanks and stuff in it. I can't remember the tongue weight, but that's pretty important to know when buying. I keep the bed as a bed and use the side dinette. Oh, I need to throw in a garbage bag to put over the toilet while showering. I saw that hint on a website. I like to stop at a big store and get ice cream on the way to camp. The little fridge has a little freezing compartment. A quart of ice cream and a couple of ice trays fit in it.

Schroder

Schroder
PostThu May 12, 2016 6:31 pm 
I've looked at tiny trailers for a long time. I still haven't bought anything. Here are some others I've looked at that haven't been mentioned: Sylvansport
RISE
Happier Camper
Airstream Nest
Safari Condo
Cricket (this was on display at REI a while back)
Scamp (competitor of Casita)
Leesure Lite
Campa