Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The rabbit and the crow
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed May 11, 2016 9:01 pm 
Every nice night, we're treated to some sort of cross between Watership Down and A.A. Milne. A crow flies down into our backyard and a rabbit hops out from somewhere.. The crow walks towards the rabbit, the rabbit stays in place; the crow walks towards the rabbit ..... and the rabbit (gently) charges the crow. The crow bounces away ..... four or five feet' The rabbit moves towards the crow ..... Back and fourth, round and round, sometimes they get within a foot of each other. And this goes on for 15 or 20 minutes, before they get on with their normal rabbit and crow business. Till the next nice night. agree.gif It's pretty neat.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed May 11, 2016 10:30 pm 
Viral video material right there! up.gif

AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostThu May 12, 2016 11:51 am 
It seems they are friends.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu May 12, 2016 1:09 pm 
That's a fun story, thank you.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostThu May 12, 2016 2:14 pm 
I wonder if the Crow is grabbing bugs and grubs the rabbit rouses during its brouse. Was in England early this month and enjoyed watching Jackdaws sit on Red Deer while they rested. I assume they were picking ticks and perhaps flies Saw a "Nature" episode last night and they were talking about beneficial animal pairs. One was a small lizard that visits sleeping lions and picks flies off of them

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu May 12, 2016 2:53 pm 
meandering Wa wrote:
I wonder if the Crow is grabbing bugs and grubs
I've seen critters dance that dance. It's usually over some bug or grub or a peanut.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu May 12, 2016 3:20 pm 
When I could afford to spend my summers in the mountains of Idaho I would feed nuts to the critters. I had four different kinds of squirrels in my yard and they would hide those nuts inside the bark of a giant pine tree. They were planning ahead for winter. The ravens and steller jays would watch the squirrels and fly in to steal the hidden nuts. The raven just didn't care about the winter. Thief. It's a cruel world out there.

hikersarenumber1

hikersarenumber1
PostThu May 12, 2016 11:26 pm 
Columbia ground squirrels get ran over a lot in GNP and the survivors go out in the road and eat the remains of their fallen brethren... they are often ran over as well as us the cycle of life...

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostFri May 13, 2016 7:23 am 
Snowbrushy wrote:
It's a cruel world out there.
frown.gif Ya. The next day, my dog Sissy Blue found a nest of baby rabbits in the backyard. She caught two, before we caught her. irked.gif I didn't see the nest, but I fenced off the area anyway. I hope there are some left.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie
PostFri May 13, 2016 10:43 am 
hikersarenumber1 wrote:
Columbia ground squirrels get ran over a lot in GNP and the survivors go out in the road and eat the remains of their fallen brethren... they are often ran over as well as us the cycle of life...
We see this ALL.THE.TIME during summer on our way back and forth from the house. I've told husby that our band name is going to be "Suicide Squirrel".

~Mom jeans on wheels