Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mount Washington (Snoqualmie) 5/21/16
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
awilsondc

awilsondc
PostSat May 21, 2016 5:36 pm 
Kind of a boring trail and boring summit, but perfect for a rainy day! I've never done this one but picked it since it didn't look all that appealing but given the forecast I thought it would be a good way to do a new peak and get some exercise at a peak where missing out on the summit views wouldn't matter so much. Turned out to be just what I was looking for!
Peeing rock
Peeing rock
Fog
Fog
More fog
More fog
Trail near the summit
Trail near the summit
I was surprised at how gradual the trail was, very well graded, never felt too difficult. Rain started about a mile in and I stopped to put on some new rain gear I was testing out (frog toggs). It did great! Kept me dry and warm. The whole trip was heavily socked in but still had some decent scenery. There were a few people out today and I was surprised at how many were completely unprepared for rain. I saw lots of blue jeans, hooded sweatshirts, t-shirts, shorts, converse shoes... a lot of wet cold people out there. I guess that's pretty standard for a hike so close to Seattle. In the end it was a perfect conditioning hike on a crummy weather weekend. 8.5 miles, 3250 ele gain, 4 hours car to car

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
whitebark

whitebark
PostSat May 21, 2016 5:39 pm 
The peeing rock spring is a nice place to get a drink. I heard that someone even tested its water quality in the past - it proved to be completely pure! But, as always, drink it at your own risk.

awilsondc

awilsondc
PostSat May 21, 2016 8:03 pm 
whitebark wrote:
The peeing rock spring is a nice place to get a drink. I heard that someone even tested its water quality in the past - it proved to be completely pure! But, as always, drink it at your own risk.
That's awesome! I didn't know it was that well known, I just happened to glance over and was like... hey that's cool! I love natural springs like that. If it wasn't such a short hike it would be a great place to fill up with water. I'd probably still filter it first though. winksmile.gif

Navy salad

Navy salad
PostSat May 21, 2016 10:32 pm 
Snow all melted?

awilsondc

awilsondc
PostSun May 22, 2016 7:21 am 
Navy salad wrote:
Snow all melted?
Yep, didn't even see as much as a rogue snow patch. Snow free.