Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > man slipped down the sol duc falls and more, rescued
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun May 22, 2016 9:41 am 
http://komonews.com/news/local/photos-man-rescued-after-being-swept-away-by-waterfall-at-sol-duc-falls

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun May 22, 2016 12:36 pm 
How did he survive that?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet
PostSun May 22, 2016 2:46 pm 
Video if him going over

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun May 22, 2016 4:25 pm 
Ok, so he was/is stupid! Damn he's lucky.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun May 22, 2016 6:17 pm 
DarkHelmet wrote:
Video if him going over
set on private ... no access

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostSun May 22, 2016 6:46 pm 
This gave me a chuckle when I heard it on the news. Those of you who have been to Sol Duc know its REALLY hard to get close to the falls, which is why you stay on the bridge. Anyone STUPID enough to climb out there deserves whatever happens to them. Idiot. Still, thanks for the laugh.

hikersarenumber1

hikersarenumber1
PostSun May 22, 2016 8:11 pm 
captain jack wrote:
This gave me a chuckle when I heard it on the news. Those of you who have been to Sol Duc know its REALLY hard to get close to the falls, which is why you stay on the bridge. Anyone STUPID enough to climb out there deserves whatever happens to them. Idiot. Still, thanks for the laugh.
Nobody "deserves" anything bad happening to them because they made a poor decision. You deserve negative things for being a heartless ass####, not stupid.

ConkersIQ

ConkersIQ
PostMon May 23, 2016 12:00 am 
That was my cousin who fell and he is definitely not stupid. He went to west point academy. He made a mistake and got stuck on the rock trying to get a better picture, he was celebrating his honey moon with his wife. He should have waited for a rescue team but thought he could get out of the situation on his own.

RichP

RichP
PostMon May 23, 2016 7:42 am 
ConkersIQ wrote:
That was my cousin who fell and he is definitely not stupid.
You won't be convincing many people here of that. I hope he learned more at Sol Duc School of Hard Knocks that he did at West Point. I'm glad you still have a cousin, but keep a close eye on that guy.

AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostMon May 23, 2016 1:46 pm 
There is not being stupid. Then there's having common sense. Not the same thing.

ConkersIQ

ConkersIQ
PostMon May 23, 2016 1:50 pm 
Are you retarded? A mistake is a mistake. Stupid would be him jumping down the waterfall just because. You can run that mouth of yours all you want but you look like a ass####.

KevinDo

KevinDo
PostMon May 23, 2016 3:46 pm 
A fresh butter bar? Must have read the map wrong then... lol jk How is he doing? Hope everything is ok with him.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon May 23, 2016 4:45 pm 
ConkersIQ wrote:
Are you retarded? A mistake is a mistake. Stupid would be him jumping down the waterfall just because. You can run that mouth of yours all you want but you look like a ass####.
i just read your cousin's post on another thread...hhhhmmmm moving on ....

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostMon May 23, 2016 4:48 pm 
Best wishes and a speedy recovery to the guy. He's very lucky to have survived! People are killed all the time trying to get close to the tops of waterfalls. To my knowledge it doesn't happen so much in Washington, but down in Yosemite I've heard it is a sadly common occurrence. A few weeks ago while hiking in the Columbia Gorge I saw several people sitting on a rock in the middle of Triple falls. Sure, there wasn't a lot of water going over it at the time, but even so all it would have taken is one misstep to send them over the edge. I guess the moral of all of this is to exercise considerable caution where running water, slippery rocks, and large cliffs are present.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Jeffshootstokill1234

Jeffshootstokill1234
PostTue May 24, 2016 5:25 pm 
My brother is far from being stupid. You need to stfu because you clearly think you're infallible when you're anything but. He made a mistake and learned a hard lesson. The last thing he needs is for people like you to call him names.