Forum Index > Partners > Walking buddy wanted for a trip 1-3 July
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tassietraveller

Tassietraveller
PostTue Jun 07, 2016 6:15 pm 
Hi All, My name is Nick, and I’m an avid walker from Tasmania Australia. I am coming to a conference in Seattle in late June/early July. I have planned for 3-4 days at the end of the conference to do a backpacking trip (probably 2 nights out, maybe 3). I'll be done with the conference on Thursday evening (30th June) and ready to head off on July 1st. I fly out on Monday 4th July, so would need to be back in Seattle by lunch time Monday or earlier. I have started researching possible hikes, and am comfortable to hike solo, but would really love to walk with a local if I can line it up. I thought the nw hikers site would be a good place to post a request. It’d be great to walk with a local who knows a bit about the nature and wildlife. I am very experienced walker (although slightly unfit at the moment), and will have all my own gear. I'm also a keen photographer, so would enjoy taking an easy pace and taking some pics along the way. I’m open to suggestions of a good place to walk. I started reading up on the WTA site, and sounds like it'll be a good time for wildflowers. If I can't find anyone, it'd also be great to hear some walk suggestions. Would love to hear from anyone who's keen. Also happy to show anyone around Tasmania who may be inclined to come to my beautiful corner of the world. Cheers Nick

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Jun 07, 2016 7:21 pm 
Tassietraveller wrote:
My name is Nick, and I’m an avid walker from Tasmania Australia.
Well, welcome to Northwest Hikers, and to the US (especially the PNW). I'm not a local exactly, I live in the upper mid-west (but visit family inOregon and Washington often), so don't have a wealth of local hiking trails knowledge, but there are many here who do, so you'll get an answer.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Tassietraveller

Tassietraveller
PostTue Jun 07, 2016 8:10 pm 
Thanks for the welcome. I've been lucky to spend some time in Northern California a few years back in the heart of the redwood country - truly spectacular. Can't wait to explore the NW some more.

jeannette

jeannette
PostTue Jun 14, 2016 7:51 pm 
Have you found anyone to go for a hike with you yet?

Tassietraveller

Tassietraveller
PostWed Jun 15, 2016 8:10 pm 
Hi Jeanette, Looks like I might have found someone to walk with. Let's just hope the weather is nice for the 4th of July weekend! Nick