Forum Index > Partners > Looking for hiking guidance/transportation!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ashleyranich

ashleyranich
PostWed Jun 22, 2016 10:05 am 
Hi! My name's Ashley and me and my two friends are here from Pittsburgh, PA. We flew in, so sadly do not have a car, but are hoping to hike somewhere during our stay here (Until Saturday!) We'd be happy to pay for all gas and expenses, but aren't sure were is best to try to go, or whether or not to rent a car. Cheers, Ashley

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostWed Jun 22, 2016 12:21 pm 
If you've never been here before, rent a car and head up to Paradise at Mt. Rainier. Great views of the mountain, and various hikes available.

Reach for the sky, cuz tomorrow may never come. Live the life of love. Love the life you live.
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostWed Jun 22, 2016 12:26 pm 
Renting a car at a location away from the airport is much cheaper than at the airport. Enterprise has several neighborhood locations. Split three ways, cost should be reasonable.

jeannette

jeannette
PostWed Jun 22, 2016 6:38 pm 
The forecast is rain for Thursday and Friday. It isn't supposed to get nice until Saturday. You may not have a view of the mountain until Saturday. There are lost of hikes out of Paradise.

RichP

RichP
PostWed Jun 22, 2016 7:28 pm 
Between the three of you, a car rental would be fairly cheap. Just drive east until you get to dry weather. It's not looking too horrible around Leavenworth. Unfortunately it's not the best weather week in the Cascades.

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostWed Jun 22, 2016 8:30 pm 
Yes, grab one of those car2go things and head for Rainier on Saturday. You should be aimed for the airport when you start heading down. ETA: If you must go before saturday, Leavenworth is a great place. Perhaps Colchuck Lake? ETAA: Alternately join Washington Hikers and Climbers Facebook page and plead your case there.

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostThu Jun 23, 2016 12:04 am 
With the forecast this week, I also think Colchuck Lake would be a better bet than Mt. Rainier. Car2go > nice drive over Stevens Pass > Colchuck Lake hike with good views > post-hike Leavenworth dinner = good day hike plan

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.” — Harry S. Truman
simonsonsays

simonsonsays
PostThu Jun 23, 2016 9:52 am 
Colchuck Lake not looking ideal - weather could be wet and/or windy.... Friday - A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. West wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Saturday - Sunny, with a high near 66. Northwest wind 5 to 11 mph. If it were me, I would plan on getting wet and head out to Olympic National Park to experience the very best of what this beautiful state has to offer.....rain or shine it never disappoints.

Live Free in the Spirit. Climb Mountains. Respect All Life.