Forum Index > Trip Reports > Ohme Mountain (Wenatchee)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu Dec 08, 2016 10:49 am 
It's the time of year for cold, short days, with (especially this year's) highly variable weather. I called Steve noting that the current forecast for Wed. was for mostly sunny, but 20's and calm to light wind. We decided to decide the next a.m. after seeing what would actually happen. Wed. a.m. it was mostly cloudy and 25 but we decided to go ahead and hope it cleared up as forecasted. We met at the end of the pavement on Burch Mountain Rd. very late in the morning to the low 20's, but some brutal NW winds. Our destination was a quick trip up the lower South side of Burch Mountain over to Ohme Mountain which has some great views (usually) and probably the best overall view of the Wenatchee Valley. It was as cold hiking as I can remember of late, and it never did clear up except to the North and West near Cashmere Mountain.
Blue to the West and North.
Blue to the West and North.
Twin Peaks
Twin Peaks
Swakane Peak
Swakane Peak
I love my HMG Southwestern 2400 !
I love my HMG Southwestern 2400 !
Very cold with the NW wind I am wearing three synthetic layers, ghost whisperer, and WM Flight jacket along with full face insulated / windproof balacava, and heavy gloves, along with capilene lightweight bottom baselayer and windproof pants.
Very cold with the NW wind I am wearing three synthetic layers, ghost whisperer, and WM Flight jacket along with full face insulated / windproof balacava, and heavy gloves, along with capilene lightweight bottom baselayer and windproof pants.

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostThu Dec 08, 2016 6:59 pm 
Looks chilly to me! I have an extra custom hand made top lid for that HMG pack if you want one. I made about six as I slowly refined the design. The one I am working on now for my pack is pure perfection.

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSat Dec 10, 2016 8:57 am 
12 out this morning HtT. Hannah is using the HMG Southwestern 3400 on her thruhike.⛄❄

Living in the Anthropocene