Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Great Live Albums
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cartman

cartman
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 8:28 am 
I'm a big fan of good live recordings, so if you have favorites I'd like to hear about them--I'm always looking for more. Pulse - Pink Floyd Live From Wembley '86 - Queen Live Killers - Queen Eagles Live - Eagles Live From Dublin - Bruce Springsteen The Live B-Sides - Bruce Springsteen 1975-1985 - Bruce Springsteen Live Anthology - Tom Petty Alchemy - Dire Straits Join Together - The Who An Evening Of Yes Music Plus - Yes Tripping The Live Fantastic - Paul McCartney Here And There - Elton John Getting Away With It...Live - James Live At Luther College - Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds 1200 Curfews - Indigo Girls Winter Marquee - Nanci Griffith Live From Austin TX - Eliza Gilkyson LeftRightLeftRightLeft - Coldplay Live From Austin TX - Neko Case Bob Dylan: The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration - Various And if you mention Frampton Live I will put you on Ignore for all eternity...smackbum.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
trestle

trestle
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 9:39 am 
Under A Blood Red Sky - U2 Live Between Us - The Tragically Hip Mirrorball - Sarah McLachlan Exit...Stage Left - Rush Rank - The Smiths (horrible recording) Live - Alison Krauss and Union Station At Folsom Prison - Johnny Cash Unplugged in New York - Nirvana Unplugged - Eric Clapton Unplugged - REM Road Tested - Bonnie Raitt Kiss Alive (I) - Kiss Cheap Trick at Budokan - Cheap Trick Rock of Ages - The Band Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More - Various Artists Waiting for Columbus - Little Feat One More From the Road - Lynard Skynard I cringe whenever I hear a cut from Frampton Live.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 10:15 am 
Tribute - Ozzy Osbourne In honor of Randy Rhodes.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 11:12 am 
trestle wrote:
I cringe whenever I hear a cut from Frampton Live.
^ it was actually "Frampton Comes Alive!", and was the #1 album for 10 weeks and "Album of the Year" in 1976 on various charts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frampton_Comes_Alive! I wore out the copy I had on reel-to-reel. Was a "party music" favorite. Still not quite as bad as having "In-a-gadda-da-vida" or "Freebird" come on the radio, but it definitely runs a close second to either. .... but back to the subject at hand: great live albums with fabulous audio: In the West - Hendrix Live Johnny Winter And - Johnny Winter

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 11:56 am 
"At the Ryman" Emmylou Harris and the Nash Ramblers "Live at the Mauch Chunk Opera House" The Wailin' Jennys

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 12:51 pm 
Damn, you people are old. I went to a Peter Frampton concert several months after his Live album came out - my friends and I were given tickets by her brother because they were purchased before everyone was so damn sick of the album. By the time the concert date, he and his buddies were no longer interested, so us girls got the tix. We weren't interested either, but it was sumpin' to do. But I gotta tellya - I will listen to tracks from that album now; it took a long time to get un-sick of it; same with Stairway to Heaven. I can listen to these again without throwing up a little. Frampton is great tho. So: I'm outraged - yes outraged - that no one has listed the OBVIOUS best live album Silver Bullet. The artist needs no introduction. C'mon people, wake UP. prod.gif The Concert for Bangladesh compilation. And, speaking of Peter Frampton - Humble Pie's Rockin' the Fillmore "it's really been a gas!" I agree with Dire Strait's Alchemy and The Who. Great albums.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
cartman

cartman
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 1:03 pm 
I think you mean Live Bullet. Love Seger, but this album came out before he had written his best songs, so I was never that interested in it.
Kim Brown wrote:
Damn, you people are old.
Just means I've had longer to enjoy great music. agree.gif

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 1:12 pm 
Been a LONG time since I've listened to it, but for something with more edge to it "Priest...Live!" by Judas Priest.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 1:17 pm 
Yes, Live Bullet, thanks. The thing about that album is that is still rocks; he got downright poppy in the 80's and forward. I like his later stuff too, though. He was a different kind of artist after Live Bullet. I have a thing about that album also because I attended one of the Detroit shows during his tour that comprises the album. It's my only claim to fame; I'm one of the tens of thousands on the Live Bullet album (damn I'm old and pathetic) Seger was definitely a different artist before Beautiful Loser came out (Ramblin' Gamblin Man album (2+2 = ? is the quintessential anti-war song) and Mongrel; good lord). But I digress.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 1:53 pm 
You Had To Be There - Jimmy Buffett

Waterman

Waterman
PostSat Jul 09, 2016 8:39 pm 
Cream reunion at the Royal Albert Hall 2005 Rushed home from work to see this on PBS, darn near blew out the windows.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSun Jul 10, 2016 1:59 pm 
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same Cream Live Vol. 2 J. Geils Band - Blow Your Face Out Golden Earring - Double Live Santana - Viva Santana or Moonflower AC /DC - Double Live Traffic - On the Road or Live at the Canteen Mountain - Twin Peaks Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo Allman Brothers - The Fillmore Concerts Black Sabbath - Past Lives Robin Trower - Live The Rolling Stones - Love You Live Yes - Yessongs Moody Blues - Caught Live +5 Gary Clark Jr. - Live Lynyrd Skynyrd - One More For The Road MC 5 - Kick Out The Jams Humble Pie - Rocking The Fillmore Too many to list or parse favorites really.

Living in the Anthropocene
mountainsandsound

mountainsandsound
PostSun Jul 10, 2016 5:18 pm 
wildernessed wrote:
Allman Brothers - The Fillmore Concerts
Man I was waiting for someone to mention this one. There were a lot of outstanding musicians in the blues/rock mold during that era, but taken as a whole, I think the Allman Brothers Band during the Duane years had no equal. They really transcended the genre.

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun Jul 10, 2016 7:07 pm 
What? No love for CSNY and 4 Way Street? My LP has the scars to prove its worth. Hello, Cowgirl in the Sand..... wave.gif And yes, for good or bad, the contribution of Frampton is etched in my brain forever....I Want to Go to the Sun. I have to mention The Last Waltz, which I usually associate with the film itself instead of the LP. A great live performance by many artists. Hell Freezes Over.... "For the record, we never broke up." Woodstock, of course... peace.gif Gee, these responses are probably more accurate than Carbon 14 dating!

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Jul 10, 2016 10:41 pm 
^ on that last note, I have to submit also "Woodstock II", if for no other reason Leslie West's fabulous solo in this gem.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."