Forum Index > Partners > Wind Rivers 2017
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostWed Jun 21, 2017 1:06 pm 
1 Month to the day General. At this time we will be heading to the WINDS!!!!!!!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
General ****

General ****
PostWed Jun 21, 2017 3:51 pm 
up.gif

The General primarily backpacks solo.
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostWed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm 
The Lead Dog wrote:
Called Meredith at the Pinedale Ranger Station this afternoon. Said we should be good to go with he snowpack when we go in July. They have real bad flooding because the record snow they had is melting quickly. She also said that camping at Skull was a little more quiet and off trail than Marm's. But she also said that the fishing was better in Marm's and it is more centered if we want to explore and fish over Hailey Pass, Pyramid and the basin to the west. What a valley that is!! So, let's play it by ear and see.
I've camped at both Skull and Marms and the information you received from the ranger station seems about right. Marms is centrally located for trails and climbers like to use it for a base camp, too. I would normally be all about going to the most quiet spot, but Marms really is a better location. But Skull could be a very nice spot for the first night if you didn't feel like going any farther so my advice is to camp at both. smile.gif

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostThu Jun 22, 2017 8:39 am 
Meredith is awesome. I have talked to her several times and have a open invite to meet and thank her when we head over there. Marms is only 3/4 of a mile up from Skull so I think we can make it there. If it is too "Busy" we can always pull back to Skull.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Jul 03, 2017 8:35 am 
2 weeks and 2 days!!!!...hope your getting yar asses in shape!!!!! gotta do at least 2 overnighters....and dayhikes with deerkillah!!

Marshall_Dylan

Marshall_Dylan
PostMon Jul 03, 2017 8:49 am 
I ready can't we just leave already!

General ****

General ****
PostTue Jul 04, 2017 1:35 pm 
Gnome, Recently I have packed into Goat Rocks for a 2 nighter, and the William O Douglas Wilderness for another 2 nighter. Staying in shape at the tree farm, and working on various outdoor projects is the norm. My arm is a little tired from casting my lures while fishing, but will be ready for The Winds.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostWed Jul 05, 2017 7:26 am 
yeah well we did a quick overnighter...dayhike this friday and hike next tue-thurs.... we leav the following wed I think....hope were ready!!! bringing a book or 2 also....CARDS? LIGHT CRIBBAGE board?..... suggest u guys bring burrito shells, cheese (hamburger,egg burritos) oil & foil for fish fry, ??...we have frying pans for fish and dehydrated hash browns... like I told bill bring some real food for gods sake, not just booze! oh and I have the locater beacon for the group so I told deerkillah to leave his de-lorm at home (less weight) and bill your stupid cell phone aint gonna work either... lol.gif

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostWed Jul 05, 2017 8:39 am 
My Cell ALWAYS WORKS!!!! Cause I'm special. I have over 150.00 of freeze dried food and by gum, I'm going to eat it. It isn't that bad and it cooks up quick. I have some pretty good stuff. Not just Mountain House.

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostFri Jul 14, 2017 8:41 am 
6 Days to go! Gnomee will be ahead of us a few days. Going to pack on Sunday. Got to go thru my FD food to see if I can leave some at home. Got to thinking doh.gif This being only a 12 mi. total in and out, might be able to take a few "Better" choices! + Gnomee promises some treats!

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Jul 15, 2017 7:26 am 
hawaii sweet rolls..2-3 year aged white chedder cheese....burrito shells... foil, oil, fish fixins!!...I am bringing an actual frying pan...but u two may want to bring a light wt. one allso... we are vac-packaging a few extra servings of hamburger and chicken...will leave a few of those for u at radio drop...killer burrito time... & u can add to cuponoodles ect.... they are premium & lightwt...

General ****

General ****
PostSat Jul 15, 2017 8:23 am 
gnome, I am bringing burrito shells, salza, a small lightweight frying pan, spatula, avocado oil and spices; already packed and ready to go.

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostSat Jul 15, 2017 8:44 am 
HA! Look at you! Between you and Gnomee bringing goodies, I can just bring my overnight pack!!!! lol.gif Packing tomorrow. We can pick up last minute things (trail munchies) at the store in Boulder or when we go into the Pinedale sports shop.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Jul 16, 2017 8:06 am 
got some great whole egg powder...will leav a few servings with the radios...BURRITOS AND CHEESE BREAKFAST.... sounds good general...will bring some oil -foil-tarter sauce packets!!! were 2 nights ahead of u but dont push hard cause were stopping before pyramyd so u can catch us...may leav a note on trail also... calling on radios 12-3-6 pm....looks like it goes up a bit from washaki creek and again from the next lake.. maes sounds good for you guys on the 3rd night..give us a woooh oooo!!!

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostSun Jul 16, 2017 8:38 am 
Mae's will be the second night. Can't wait for the feast!!!! Thanks Gnomee for all you are doing! Will be great to see you at or before Mae's Lake. If you could, put all the stuff you are leaving for us in a box to make it easier for the Motel people to keep it until we get there? I will call them to let them know you will be dropping it off.