Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pyramid Peak MRNP 8/6/16
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mtnman4ever

mtnman4ever
PostThu Aug 11, 2016 2:20 pm 
Hello! Went up to Pyramid peak last Saturday on MRNP. Left at 3 am in the morning. I do not wear shoes while driving I usually wear flip flops before hiking. Wondering if i remembered to grab socks for my shoes it dawned on me that I FORGOT my shoes. The Pacific ave highway walmart was my turn around from Tacoma so that added another 45 min to my drive:/ Getting to the park at 6am i sped up the westside road and started hiking with my hiking partner waiting. We hiked up the tahoma creek. This trail via Westside road is the shortest way up to Indian Henrys. Very good for a rescue mission instead of 6 miles via Kautz creek or 7 via Longmire. My hiking buddy used to work for the park so he knows all these awesome, amazing history places and stories. From man-made rock dams, logs for horse tie-up, trees that were cut long ago for wood, old tin cans, even the start of a copper mine up high on Pyramid Peak, all of this is just fascinating for me. We made it up to the top and the clouds were coming in, to obscure the view as usual. Heading down we went to check out the cabin along with the mosquitos. Cool and awesome day!! This Saturday is going to be the Goat Island mountain adventure. The link attached is my album from Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/100025126@N02/albums/72157672225685776

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
hikerman

hikerman
PostFri Aug 12, 2016 5:01 pm 
Nice job in the Walmart specials. Sounds like a fun trip! up.gif up.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message