Forum Index > The Trading Post > REI PeakUL carbon trekking pole; need replacement
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wolffie

wolffie
PostSun Sep 18, 2016 10:09 pm 
I broke the tip off my lover's trekking pole. REI PeakUL carbon fiber. She just dumped me. I found the woman of my dreams, but then I woke up. I hate it when that happens. Help me win her back! Does anybody have a replacement? I'm serious! This is why I prefer bamboo. Cheaper, less fragile. I'm the only guy in the world who gets his bamboo from Maple. Really. Maple is my neighbor. She has a real nice patch of bamboo.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSun Sep 18, 2016 10:16 pm 
John, go to REI. They might just replace it for free. (At least they once gave me a segment for my Black Diamond pole at no charge and I didn't even buy the poles from them!)

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
wolffie

wolffie
PostMon Sep 19, 2016 3:21 pm 
These are no longer available.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostMon Sep 19, 2016 8:33 pm 
Doesn't matter; they might still have a replacement segment available. Worth a shot, I say.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Slide Alder Slayer

Slide Alder Slayer
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 12:20 pm 
Then surprise her with a new set of carbon poles or as the saying goes don't borrow what you can't replace. Having said that I understand a new set could set you back $135.00, but the woman of your dreams could be worth that.