Forum Index > Partners > The Cascade Liberation Organization is recruiting.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wolffie

wolffie
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 11:12 pm 
The Cascade Liberation Organization is looking for a few good women. One will do. My lover just dumped me. I finally found the woman of my dreams, then I woke up. I hate it when that happens. It's all my guardian angel's fault (eternal celibacy upon him, the prudish little sanctimonious killjoy). He's always assiduously safeguarding my virtue by sabotaging my love life. I can't get rid of him, and he never takes a day off, so the only time I get to have any fun is when he's off molesting some hapless cherub. On Judgement Day, I'm gonna pluck his wings one feather at a time and strangle him with his own halo. So any of you women out there over 60 who like to leave at 6:00 AM (Cloud City Coffee doesn't open any earlier), drive nonstop to the TH and return around midnight (traffic? what traffic?), think hiking out by headlamp is normal, choose campsites according to view, not comfort, skip the tent whenever the stars are out, curl up in the cold with a wet dog (you only need 1 corgi on a 3-dog night 'cause it fits in your sleeping bag), think everything tastes better with bugs and dog fur in it, and... uh... well... oh, nevermind. So why am I single and heartbroken again? Am I, like, doing something wrong? And I've got the best chick-magnet in the world (yeah, the female attention always goes to the other end of the leash, but yo! I'll take it). It's all for the best I s'poze. What was I doing with the only woman on the planet who doesn't find Al to be a Compleat Babe and doesn't want dog hair in her condo? Really. Not making this up. So check us out. For personal refernece, you may consult my dog Al, who will tell you I'm the bestest person in the whole wide world, serve great meals, like long walks (long walks) and cuddling up by the fire, serve great meals, throw a mean tennis ball, tell funny stories, sing and yodel well enough to keep away the bears (and the people), serve great meals, love children, am relatively housebroken, loyal and devoted to my family and friends, smell nice (YMMV), keep the bed warm, don't have many fleas or dogbreath or take myself too seriously, and serve great meals. You can't fool a dog.
Always hike with daring guys
Always hike with daring guys
who have dog fur on them
who have dog fur on them
and a sense of humor.
and a sense of humor.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostThu Sep 22, 2016 1:02 am 
Did you lose Gwynnie in the split?

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
wolffie

wolffie
PostFri Sep 23, 2016 10:10 am 
We do joint custody. Sadly, Gwynnie is in a wheel-cart now. Degenerative Myelopathy (DM, canine ALS, Lou Gehrig's Disease). If she could speak, I believe she would say, as Lou Gehrig did in his justly famous farewell address July 4 1939, "...I've had a bad break, but I still consider myself to be the luckiest dog on the face of the earth, and I have a lot to live for."

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostFri Sep 23, 2016 11:07 am 
Sorry to hear about Gwynnie

mbravenboer

mbravenboer
PostFri Sep 23, 2016 3:30 pm 
Bleh, sorry to hear! If I would be over 60 and female, I would sign up! Your advertisement sounds like my idea of having a nice day wink.gif.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Sep 23, 2016 9:21 pm 
mbravenboer wrote: "Your advertisement sounds like my idea of having a nice day wink.gif ." You guys are a match made in heaven, indeed! Having hiked with wolffie quite a few times over the past few years, I can attest that everything he lists about himself is true. We never had a problem with traffic on the weekends because every hike out was a headlamp hike out, mostly because he just didn't want to turn around, but also because he's an astronomy buff and loves stargazing. One of my favorite things about him is something he forgot to mention..if you are nice to him, he will arrive at your house with his toolbox to fix little broken things! up.gif up.gif Ladies, he is a real catch, take notice!

Sarahtraveler

Sarahtraveler
PostSun Sep 25, 2016 6:52 pm 
sorry to hear that

Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Sep 26, 2016 10:32 am 
I am sorry to hear of your change in life.

Art is an adventure.
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Sep 29, 2016 8:46 am 
best wishes moving on

Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostThu Sep 29, 2016 7:54 pm 
Are you a good listener? wink.gif

flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostSat Oct 01, 2016 7:43 am 
Wolfie, there are a lot of folks in your position on this site " looking for someone " ...there should be a dating thread of some sort.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSat Oct 01, 2016 9:13 am 
I did the online chat/forum date thingy. Moved 3000 miles just because....Only problem was she was crazy,,,had an overbearing mother and past marriages full of abuse..I gave it my best shot for 3 years. I dont serve great meals (eat at mickeyd's) I used to fix your little problems, I used to fix computers (nobody wanted them),,my best friend (cat) is gone and I find I am my best own company. I can walk around the house half dressed, leave a sink full of dirty dishes, never make my bed and talk to myself about anything and never get an argument...to old and in poor health to care if there is anyone.....to all you that are looking..................good luck!

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostSat Oct 01, 2016 4:21 pm 
I have a friend who is now happily married to a woman he met via the "fitness singles" web site after trying a few other dating sites. He said that the matches on fitness singles were much more accurate in describing their recreational interests and activity levels, which was an important element for him (particularly the activity level - the two of them have in fact been finding some new-to-both recreational pursuits that have been keeping them quite busy together)..

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSun Oct 02, 2016 9:08 pm 
You'll be fine by yourself. Work on getting over it and enjoying life.Don't be trying to jump into anything new, relationshipwise, for chrissakes. She dumped you; she ain't all that great, man.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostSun Oct 02, 2016 10:31 pm 
Your reports always warrant a read. Maybe time for a through hike? Someone told me today that today is a great day to have hope and big dreams. The idea appealed to me so I'll pass it on. Best, B