Forum Index > Partners > The Cascade Liberation Organization is recruiting.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Apr 27, 2017 3:21 pm 
Just_Some_Hiker wrote:
Funny how the bulk of the women on those sites claim to be outdoorsy and adventurous, and yet clearly are not. They'll have a photo on their profile from the one time they went hiking, 5 years and 20 pounds ago.
This could be an "American" phenomenon. When I was in Europe in the Alps/Dolomites there were definitely a lot more women in the ratio of people out there. Here, it feels like 10-20% are female, but there it was almost like 40%. So....maybe the search needs to extend to Europe.....

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostFri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 am 
Be a great excuse to go to the beautiful mountains of Europe and "Explore" Include New Zealand with that BTW.

Frango

Frango
PostMon May 01, 2017 8:11 am 
Just_Some_Hiker wrote:
Funny how the bulk of the women on those sites claim to be outdoorsy and adventurous, and yet clearly are not. They'll have a photo on their profile from the one time they went hiking, 5 years and 20 pounds ago
Just sayin...not all outdoorsy and adventurous people are built like gazelles. Some of us are built more like....corgis. Chunky and close to the ground, but more than capable of holding our own. smile.gif

Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSun Jun 11, 2017 6:36 am 
I feel your pain! I'd like to find a fit male companion for hiking but the reverse is also true. Most guys say they hike but in reality spend much of the year on house projects or other urban activities. It seems to me that guys first and foremost want a different type of buddy, not a hiking one.:-)

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 am 
Roly Poly wrote:
It seems to me that guys first and foremost want a different type of buddy, not a hiking one.:-)
.... and you were expecting the universe was going to change for you? lol.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Jun 12, 2017 12:04 pm 
Brucester wrote:
There's always craigslist. No wait, that wasn't a joke. lol.gif
As far as the freebie options available, it beats the hell out of POF and a couple of others. The problem, of course, is that few people understand how to market themselves, and compose "lists" as though they were out to buy a new car. Most people are so plugged in to what they don't want they are unfortunately not able to see the forest for the trees; they get mired in a basket full of "nos" about too short too tall too fat too skinny too rich too poor too ambitious too lazy and before they've marked off their endless checklist of "nos" their options have dwindled to nothing. I have read more than one "personals" ad during my lifetime. I have placed a few as well. Some work. Some do not. Sometimes I think maybe I should write a "how to" book on this. If your intention is to actually engage with other humans by reaching out to them via a "personals" ad, eliminate the "nos"; don't post a list of "nos", and don't offer so much information that what you're presenting offers the option for "no". In sales and marketing, the trick is selling the sizzle, not the steak. And nobody in real life is who they pretend they are in a personals ad. Getting past that first hurdle and meeting for a cup of coffee should be the objective; thinking past that point - even past the second cup of coffee - is folly. And I have known the arms already, known them all— Arms that are braceleted and white and bare (But in the lamplight, downed with light brown hair!)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN

KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN
PostWed Jul 05, 2017 3:59 pm 
Roly Poly wrote:
guys first and foremost want a different type of buddy, not a hiking one.:-)
Always looking to kill two birds with one stone!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jul 05, 2017 8:42 pm 
Don't ever give up, miracles they do happen. I was scrolling through the Facebook "People you might know" section and a lady who works for the company I retired from caught my eye....checked out her profile and she had her relationship status as single. Messaged her, we eventually met for breakfast and hit it off. Huge bonus, she actually really likes to hike and even backpacks, she and her daughter plan to hike from Sulphur creek to Rainy pass in August. Edited to add....the flip side of never giving up is to never "settle" either, meaning don't get into a relationship with someone who you are not really compatible with simply because you are lonely or whatever. 'Faking' it is not good or fair to either party.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jul 06, 2017 4:16 pm 
Roly Poly wrote:
"...doesn't have some deep character flaw..."
SRSLY? hey, about 99.99% of the population has "some deep character flaw". by the time you hit 60, either you've figured out that you have to take them as they come, or choose to be a hermit.

Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostThu Jul 06, 2017 5:19 pm 
Ski, you are wrong. It's simply that the good ones are taken by this age. I see plenty of great marriages and the common theme is that they met in their twenties and built a life together. Basic epidemiology.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jul 06, 2017 7:47 pm 
I'm never wrong. Ask anybody here. wink.gif Sure, sure.... Grandma and Grandpa got married in 1929 and made it until Grandpa died in 1994. Doesn't mean they didn't have flaws. Both of 'em were crazy as hell. Like I said: 99.99% of us are a little whacky somewhere. "Flaw" is a subjective thing, though... some might not consider a flaw a flaw.