Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > patriot act and terrorists and in general bad guys
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostThu Oct 20, 2016 6:57 pm 
Twice I have been camping in oregon forests only to have the local sheriff stop and ask me what I was doing.. Like duh! Then being told I probable wasnt allowed to camp there. I camped at a campground near bend oregon only to have the sheriff come by every day and take down all the license plate numbers which they then run thru the ncic data base to see if you might be wanted. I asked the deputy if they also checked out the license plates in the safeway parking lot. He looked at me like I was nuts. double duh! I washington north cascades there never used to be law enforcement except for the state patrol cruising the highway for people broke down and needing help. Last time I visited that area not only was there state patrol but a sheriff deputy patrolling the area... All you bad guys take heed the cops are looking for ya...ha ha har..........all this comes under the heading of lost freedoms for better law enforcement protection...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 6:33 am 
Hate to tell ya this, but documenting license plate info has been going on for decades, if you are camping in a troubesome area or look like you might leave pile of garbage, or leave your fire going. Nothing new.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 7:34 am 
So this opens up a question ....Should gang-members be treated as Domestic terriosts???..I think the military training (with the local police gang squads) opportunity's are being totally missed here.....your a gang-terriost? yep we can bust your door down!!! I don't understand why the media or ANYBODY has never mentioned gang-bangers being terriosts??? and yes I have actually been in jail on my way to prison with banger's so don't tell me I don't know shiiett... the other idea is to send ALL the hardcore criminals convicted on a certain level... to an automatic 2-3 years jobs program RE-building the roads and highways that are all crumbling...they would run it like the military...and have a serious job skill when out...it's a friggng no brainer!!

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 8:06 am 
Lono

Lono
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 8:22 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
..........all this comes under the heading of lost freedoms for better law enforcement protection...
We are kinda the end of the road here in WA but in other states its not unheard of for law enforcement to scan the license plates at Safeways and wherever cars land for a while (rest stops, state parks, gas n gos) looking for no-goodniks - if you're in the ncic you are on the run from another jurisdiction, and you may have bedded down for the night before continuing cruising. If you have just snatched your son or daughter away from your spouse and headed west then it makes sense to look for you along major routes. I don't think you have to imagine terrorists to believe that some people along the road are up to no good. I don't get the lost freedom from someone running your license plate - then again I live next to a neighborhood that scans ever plate entering and leaving their territory, and that results in a fair number of stops for warrants and other law evading.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 8:24 am 
Sacrificing liberty for safety started a while ago. Unfortunately its only going to get worse! down.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 8:53 am 
I welcome more police presence in rural areas. In the past few decades more criminals seem to have moved out of the cities and into the country. shakehead.gif

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
jimmylegs
"BRB...JK."

jimmylegs
"BRB...JK."
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 9:25 am 
You should be happy it's just your license plate. The cops have a database of 117 million faces. paranoid.gif

guns don't kill people, blood loss and organ damage do.
WANative

WANative
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 10:03 am 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
In the past few decades more criminals seem to have moved out of the cities and into the country.
It's been the exact opposite actually.

WANative

WANative
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Sacrificing liberty for safety started a while ago. Unfortunately its only going to get worse! down.gif
Cars used to get stolen from trailheads frequently. Thank goodness for Immobilizer systems in cars! Guys would hot wire pickup trucks and then use them to push the other cars at the trailhead into the bushes for fun!

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 6:44 pm 
forest gnome wrote:
I don't understand why the media or ANYBODY has never mentioned gang-bangers being terriosts???
Because they're not. Terrorism is very specifically defined as the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political or ideological aims. I'm pretty certain there's not a gang out there who is motivated by politics whatsoever, and no the central American drug cartels don't count because they're not gangs (and are primarily motivated by profit off their illegal trades).

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 7:18 pm 
Having had access to a database used by private investigators and law enforcement, I can tell you that your license plate was likely already in the system long before it was run at the campground, regardless of whether or not you've had an encounter with the law.

Seventy2002

Seventy2002
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 7:44 pm 
fourteen410 wrote:
your license plate was likely already in the system long before it was run at the campground
Yeah, the Dept. of Licensing database.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 8:20 pm 
Once upon a time running plates was a verbal request, by radio through dispatch. Dispatch then accessed data, and gave results by voice. When data pathways became available directly from laptops in patrol vehicles the numbers went way up. Patrol officers run plates all shift long.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 9:38 pm 
Seventy2002 wrote:
fourteen410 wrote:
your license plate was likely already in the system long before it was run at the campground
Yeah, the Dept. of Licensing database.
It goes well beyond that.