Forum Index > Trip Reports > Noble Canyon w/Wardrobe Malfunction, 10.17.16
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostMon Oct 24, 2016 5:03 pm 
A week ago I finally got around to doing the one-way hike down Noble Canyon from the Penny Pines TH in the Lagunas to the Pine Valley TH a couple thousand feet below. When I scheduled this trip a few wks. prior, I'd hoped that it wouldn't be too hot since much of this trail (especially the lower section) is out in the sun & could be grueling. On the contrary, the day turned out to be foggy & misty, & quite blustery @ the upper end.
PP TH
PP TH
Fog, mist, & wind for the upper part of the trail
Fog, mist, & wind for the upper part of the trail
Pines
Pines
Droplets
Droplets
The trail is pretty easy to follow, except for one somewhat confusing junction w/the Big Laguna Trail. The upper-middle section is probably the nicest--big trees & babbling brook. As the day wore on, my rain jacket showed its age & my already too-big pants sagged more & more due to the weight of the soaked ankles that kept dragging in the dirt despite my rolling them up, & the waistband down.
Along the trail
Along the trail
Shady trail
Shady trail
Holey log
Holey log
Water
Water
Some water still in the creek
Some water still in the creek
We came across an old mine, then descended into the more open lower part of the canyon. The mist would stop briefly here & there, & ultimately tapered off enough that my pants could dry out a bit. I still had saggy ass tho. embarassedlaugh.gif
Mine
Mine
Misty
Misty
Prickly pear
Prickly pear
Looking back up the trail
Looking back up the trail
Nice place to camp
Nice place to camp
Manzanita bark
Manzanita bark
Looking back
Looking back
PC TH
PC TH
10ish miles later we were @ my car, & then drove back around to the upper end to get the other car. All in all a nice, out-of-the-ordinary-Seattle-like day in SoCal. wink.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Oct 24, 2016 8:54 pm 
That area looks a lot more lush than many you've posted. I'm guessing the fog/mist/rain must not be too uncommon there. up.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message