Forum Index > Gear Talk > Women's/Small Glacier Glasses?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Julia

Julia
PostThu Dec 01, 2016 9:24 am 
Recommendations for decent glacier glasses that fit smaller/women's faces, please? I've tried a few styles, but so far haven't found "the one". The Julbo Micropores are too wide/loose at the temple & difficult to adjust comfortably at the ear. The Tensing is too large all over. The Tensing medium almost fits, but the earpieces are uncomfortable and I get so much "ventilation" that my eyes hurt. The Monterosa is shaped wrong for my face & lets a LOT of light in. Also, the side shields are crap, IMO. I think my face may be shaped strangely. clown.gif Maybe more narrow than most in the temples? Soo, just wondering if anyone else has a small face & has found a style that fits well & performs great? I don't care at all about the looks--I just want a quality pair that fits close to my face.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Dec 01, 2016 1:17 pm 
Have you considered the "Vermont" I got a pair of that style when I was 12 and the classic all metal frame could be bent to adjust the fit.

AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostThu Dec 01, 2016 3:43 pm 
If you have a generous health insurance plan, perhaps an optician can help with this.

Julia

Julia
PostFri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
Have you considered the "Vermont"
Good info! I had wondered if they would bend a little! I'll check those out. AlpineRose, I *wish* my insurance would help out. The plan I'm on now is horrid, though. mad.gif

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx