Forum Index > Trip Reports > 12/5 - Silver Basin/Crystal Mtn
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ridgewalker
Mountains and Rivers

ridgewalker
Mountains and Rivers
PostSun Dec 11, 2016 11:24 am 
Silver Basin/Crystal Mtn Snowshoe RT 4 mi - 1000' Elv Gain - 1.5' - 2' Fresh Snow What a great day for a snowshoe! It was Monday right after a recent storm. My friend was Jones'in to hit the powder slope at Crystal. But waiting on my bindings to come in I decided to head up on a snowshoe. Meandered up along the side of the Groomed runs. From there it was just 1.5' - 2' feet of fresh dry powder up to Hen Ski Lakes. The Creek was running and found an ideal place to do a Winter Camp Set up. Did not get to go out to far in Silver Basin due to Avy Control, but followed the old Trail over to the Forest Queen and then skirting back through the Trees in the Resort. It is really amazing, how you can follow these Treed sections and be completely alone and in peaceful places, while there are hundreds of people skiing just beyond the forest edge... Made for a good day. If Avy conditions Settle down hope to do Bullion Basin on Thursday 10/15.. Great Powder, awesome mountains! Making coming back from the Desert SW easier to deal with!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message