Forum Index > Gear Talk > Spikes Spiders For Sale
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
rossb

rossb
PostSun Dec 11, 2016 4:31 pm 
Spikes Spiders are similar to chains (for your car) but much easier to put on or take off. There are videos on the web site explaining how they work. I'm selling a pair in very good condition for $50 or best offer. This is the size: http://www.spikes-spiders.com/new/16-inch/215-70-16/spikes-spider-sport-style-1 To see if your car will fit these, put in your tire size (under "Get Started Now!") and see if that is one of the options. Feel free to ask questions.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
SergioNapelo

SergioNapelo
PostSun Dec 11, 2016 8:08 pm 
I am interested. pm sent

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains. From where shall my help come. My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!" - David, King of Israel 1,000 BC
rossb

rossb
PostTue Dec 13, 2016 10:44 pm 
I like them a lot. You basically put on the hub assembly and then it is very easy to put on and take off the "chains". Much easier than regular chains. There are a couple ways to attach the hub assembly. One is with attachments that fit over the lug nuts. I prefer the special lug nuts, which you simply screw on as you would if changing the tires. It is pretty easy to do that, since you don't actually take off the tire. Just replace each lug nut one at a time -- I never bothered to jack up the car. If you have snow tires (as I do) and get the tires at Firestone (or a similar shop) it is even easier, because you can just have them swap out the lug nuts when they swap out the wheels. I have used them on my Saturn station wagon and more recently on my Rav-4. I recently got a CRV, which unlike the Rav-4, has four wheel drive. I figure with four wheel drive I will use them very rarely, so I thought I would just carry regular chains (mainly so that the folks at Paradise can verify I have them).