Forum Index > Trip Reports > 28 Peaks in 15 days, NV, CA, 11-27 to 12-11, 2016
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gimpilator
infinity/21M

Gimpilator
infinity/21M
PostSun Jan 01, 2017 4:15 pm 
Thanks for the coral notes, guys. John, I'm sure we will connect on the next trip or the one after that. Thanks for trying to meet up with us. I know communication was a bit tricky. There were two other people we hoped to get together with on this trip and unfortunately it didn't work with them either.
ree wrote:
Have you done Sheep Mtn? It's on the north edge of Las Vegas Valley... the access road was quite nasty, but we made it ok when we borrowed my cousin's 4 runner. Sheep is approached from the north side. That was an easy hike with nice views of LV. We loved Hidden Valley. We attempted Muddy Mtn. but ran out of time. Did you check out the mine ruins there?
Thanks Ree. Sorry for the delayed response. The holidays have been hectic. We have not done Sheep, but I am interested. I was looking closely at it when I was in the area and some local Las Vegas person recommended it to me, but I can't recall who that was. I did not know there was mining ruins in Hidden Valley, but that might explain the road. Where are the mines located?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message