Forum Index > Gear Talk > Solarpuff - lightweight, solar light source
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stella

Stella
PostSun Jan 08, 2017 2:10 pm 
Under the Christmas tree this year was a nifty gift - a Solarpuff. Solarpuff The puffs provide 60-90 lumens, last upwards of 8 hours and weigh 2.6 ounces. We used one in an off-grid cabin over the holidays and found it great for around the cabin tasks, hung by string from the ceiling or propped on a counter or shelf. For walks in the woods they were light in the hand. The company Solight has a number of products.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jan 12, 2017 12:09 pm 
Wow. Way spendier than a Luci light. I've got a couple of Lucis and one lasted an entire night in November and I turned it off when I realized it was still going. They do require you to blow them up, but for the price difference, I can do that. Luci

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
texasbb
Misplaced Texan

texasbb
Misplaced Texan
PostThu Jan 12, 2017 6:15 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Wow. Way spendier than a Luci light. I've got a couple of Lucis and one lasted an entire night in November and I turned it off when I realized it was still going. They do require you to blow them up, but for the price difference, I can do that. Luci
I disagree that they require you to blow them up. You can just squeeze the little nozzle and pull the thing open. It's a little loose like that, but seems to cast the light just fine. Disclaimer: I was given a Luci for Christmas but haven't used it in the wild yet. smile.gif

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Jan 13, 2017 8:21 am 
Yup, they come on without inflation, but I inflate them. I've used them quite a bit while glamping in my trailer. They are so lightweight that I can hang them from not very strong plastic things. They recharge and the only problem I've had is that the plastic handle broke on one. I've got it duct taped so it works. Luci lights are cheap enough that they make good gifts and then folks see those and want one and so it goes. I was wondering how long they would last and still don't know since the one in the tree was still lit up after 10 hours on low.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities