Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Roundabout - YES! (Uh...Ignorant People? - No!)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostWed Feb 08, 2017 9:12 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
I don't know if this is intended, but I use a roundabout for doing a U-turn instead of waiting forever to make a left turn out of a parking lot.
Yup, very handy for avoiding busy left hand turns out of parking lots, if you have enough of them around. I do that a lot around here in the downtown area.

friluftsliv
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie
PostMon Feb 13, 2017 11:06 am 
Well I left work on Friday night to discover a semi stuck in the Roslyn roundabout. Had tried to cut the right hand exit too close and ran at least the trailer into the snow berm where apparently it got stuck good and hard. Looked like a fair amount of people and gear was getting employed to re-route traffic plus get it extracted. Good times. Wasn't there on Monday so they got it out somehow.

~Mom jeans on wheels
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostTue Feb 14, 2017 12:31 am 
The ones put in near my house back in the first decade of the millennium have helped steadily increasing traffic move through much better than the old light allowed.
Gwen wrote:
If we replaced the lights on Hwy 2 with roundabouts, I believe we'd see a dramatic improvement to the traffic woes of post- Stevens Pass trips.
Yes! As to songs, yes to Yours Is No Disgrace. I think I'd have to put And You And I on my list as well. Not sure on a third. On a related note, an old friend just did a 4 day cruise in the Caribbean that was headlined by Yes, along with other progressive rock bands. It's a heck of a thing when the first band you saw in an arena concert is headlining a cruise ship trip...