Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Bison Culling / Bison Slaughter
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostFri Feb 03, 2017 9:42 pm 
I'd be curious to know if the Colville Nation has / had a interest in some of, if not all of the Bison that will be dispatched. They have nearly 3 million acres compared to Yellowstone's 2.2 It would be pretty damn cool to see wild Bison roaming the northeast corner of this state. http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/apnewsbreak-deal-allows-yellowstone-bison-slaughter/

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Feb 04, 2017 7:48 am 
The Colville folks have introduced elk to their lands in the past. I haven't heard if that is working or not. The ranchers and orchardists have not been in favor of elk. I would expect the same attitudes would prevail about bison. But maybe the wolves would ignore the cattle and go for the bison calves instead? Probably not smile.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostThu Feb 23, 2017 2:10 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
The Colville folks have introduced elk to their lands in the past. I haven't heard if that is working or not. The ranchers and orchardists have not been in favor of elk. I would expect the same attitudes would prevail about bison. But maybe the wolves would ignore the cattle and go for the bison calves instead? Probably not smile.gif
Elk devour apples and can do serious damage to apple trees. Bison don't. They're essentially big shaggy cows in that respect. Grazers. Cattle might also have problems with bison.

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence